I neep some help from the pros!!!
I posted this pot a while back, but I just got it looked at by an expert and learned more. Here is what I was told:
- Clay: Duanni (he said it is the original kind of duanni that isn't mixed with anything called “pear duanni")
- Size: 180 ml
- Year: around 2000 or 2001
- Walls: thin-walled
- Fired: ???
- Pour: +/-9 sec, some dripping from the lid if it isn't turned just so
- Filter: 7-hole screen
- Where: Insadong, Seoul, South Korea
- Pairing: Started with 8 years and older sheng and shou pu, tried silver needles, settled with Wuyi rock oolong. My guy said that the Wuyi is a good pair for this pot.
- Qualities: Smoothes out flavors, at times too much though. Reduces the astringent bite.
I paid about $27 for this pot. The expert looked at it for a while, even really examining the chop and other parts with a magnifying glass. He recognised the chop and showed me another pot with the same chop and said it is a famous woman's chop. I forgot her name (should have written it down!!). He checked online and found photos of similair pots and said they are all part of a group. He said it is an art peice, and she is more famous now. He said it is worth about 1,000 yuan, or about $170. Am I stupid lucky or could this dude be off? He seems to really know his stuff, and he is pretty high up in a very large zisha ceramics/puerh company. I asked if it might be a fake and after another long look he said no.
Thoughts? Feedback? Anypne recognize the chop? Thanks!!
- Sorry if it is upside down or sideways!
- file-2.jpeg (123.88 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
- file-3.jpeg (85.57 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
- file-5.jpeg (83.2 KiB) Viewed 2013 times