Introducing Dinah, a Tea Lover and Travelling Nerd

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Dec 12th, '11, 20:37
Scrolling: scrolling

Introducing Dinah, a Tea Lover and Travelling Nerd

by Dinahsaur » Dec 12th, '11, 20:37

Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I was involved in a forum, so please humor me as I re-adjust to the communication style.

My name is Dinah (I like to go by Dinah Saur while trolling the Net... get it? Dinah Saur? *chuckles*). Okay, maybe that's the first thing you need to know about me - the worse the pun, the more entertaining I find it. Did you know that in Shakespeare's day, puns were considered the highest form of wit? Well, I like to pretend it's the mid-1500's from time to time.

In any case, back on topic! I love to travel and have a tendency to at least try and track down a nice place for tea somewhere along the way. So far, I've found particularly cute places around Washington state, Boston, and Santa Cruz. These are just the places I can think of offhand.

I spent a good 4 months living in Scotland, so I had a fantastic time travelling the UK. Most recently, I spent a couple of weeks tromping about China with my brother. I brought back with me an ample, glorious supply of teas. I also was able to fit a number of teawares in my bag, so I have had opportunity to enjoy some great tea sets.

In the next couple of months, I will be bringing to life a blog I am about to start writing about tea. The name will be Fun and Flir-Tea (or should it be listed as Fun and FlirTea? I haven't decided!). I want to cover everything from tea and teaware reviews to recent updates in the world of tea drinking. I also hope to learn enough in the future to post some information on cooking with tea and food/tea pairings. Though these are topics I need a bit more experience in before I get to them!

That's just about it, I guess! Just the basics and a few of my plans. I'm pretty darn excited to get involved in this TeaChat Forum and get to know everyone else!

Dec 12th, '11, 23:28

Re: Introducing Dinah, a Tea Lover and Travelling Nerd

by sencha » Dec 12th, '11, 23:28

I'm new here too, but since no one else has greeted you yet, I guess I'll say something!

Welcome, Dinah 8) That's such a unique name--I've never seen it used before. It must have been nice to visit so many places around the world! I'd personally love to travel out of the US sometime... Germany would probably rank the top on my list, but any country would be awesome (with the exception of North Korea, Iraq, etc... lol).

Well, I look forward to seeing you around on this forum. I'm sure you'll feel right at home. :mrgreen:

Dec 13th, '11, 11:35

by Dinahsaur » Dec 13th, '11, 11:35

Nice to meet you, Sencha! I love travelling and I would encourage the practice if you have any desire to whatsoever. Though I have to warn you, it's no joke that you get the travel bug once you start. My semester abroad in Scotland was just the beginning for me. I got to spend a little time on the Continent (France, Germany, Holland), but was very limited on time and only got to spend a few days in each location I made it to. What I would really love is an opportunity to travel the Continent with enough time and financing to do it sort of right! ;)

The problem with that is that I have neither the time nor financing to accomplish this! Ah well. Some day I'll make it work.

Dec 13th, '11, 16:06

by iannon » Dec 13th, '11, 16:06

Welcome Dinah! I too..have the travel bug. I spent most of my youth through into high school mostly overseas due to my father job. It was a great experience growing up. I've lived in England, France, Dominican Republic, Mozambique, Thailand, Australia, And New Zealand. and when i was in the Military was stationed for a while in Okinawa, Japan, Korea, and the Phillipines. been to many other places in between like Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Italy, many times to Portugal where my Mom;'s family lives..etc.etc. And yes is as addicting as TEA!.

Dec 13th, '11, 21:04

by Chip » Dec 13th, '11, 21:04

Welcome to TeaChat, Dinah! Hope to see you "travel" to other parts of TeaChat!!! :mrgreen:

Dec 13th, '11, 23:52

by Dinahsaur » Dec 13th, '11, 23:52

Holy Criminy, iannon! I'm more than a little jealous of just how many places you have made it to and lived in. I hope someday to be able to say I've at least visited around that many different countries! I'll probably never live in that many places, but any opportunity to visit somewhere new is wonderful!

Thank you, Chip! I am looking forward to exploring the forum more extensively. I haven't been involved in a forum for ages, so I may take a little time to acclimate to the forum culture again, but I'll get involved! Especially as I get to learn more about tea so I can feel like more of a participant!

Dec 14th, '11, 00:14

by Dinahsaur » Dec 14th, '11, 00:14

By the way, I've been trying to chat with the Instant Messenger in the column on the right and it never seems to send my messages. Is there some kind of restriction? Do I have to be a member for a certain amount of time or have a certain minimum number of posts to participate? Thanks!

And sorry for the double post. :P

Dec 14th, '11, 00:24

by Chip » Dec 14th, '11, 00:24

... 3 posts to go (you need 10) and you will be able to post on the IM. :mrgreen:

Dec 14th, '11, 00:27

by Dinahsaur » Dec 14th, '11, 00:27

Aha! That makes sense. I had a feeling it was something along those lines. And thank you for helping clarify that so quickly. Helps my ego. I didn't think I was having browser issues. ;)

And with that, I have just 2 posts left (I'll wait until I get more responses to my new topics!) and it's time to hit the hay. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy some instant messaging here on TC sometime shortly!

Dec 23rd, '11, 01:46

by bryan_drinks_tea » Dec 23rd, '11, 01:46

Enjoy your stay here on Teachat, Dinah!

Cool stuff about the travelling - after college my best friend and I travelled all over the eastern U.S., doing odd jobs on farms for quick cash for travelling. Crazy, yet fun times.

Best of Luck

Bryan

+ Post Reply