Upton Tea - Competition TGY - $76/oz !!

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Re: Don't count on their blacks being something special!

Postby bryan_drinks_tea » Dec 29th, '11, 10:42

tenuki wrote:
Intuit wrote:If I had a 50 buck gift coupon from Uptons.


I would try to trade it in teaswap.



Good Gosh Yes. I've had teas from them in the past that were stale right off the bat (I would purchase right from the new tea's area, even) Still though, we have to cut our teeth somewhere.

User avatar bryan_drinks_tea
Posts: 507
Joined: Oct 07, '09
Location: South Carolina
Contact bryan_drinks_tea:

Re: Upton Tea - Competition TGY - $76/oz !!

Postby wh&yel-apprentice » Dec 29th, '11, 20:52

Chip wrote:... well it is an old listing and long discontinued, so it is kind of moot now.
...as are apparently the rules that apply only to those Chip deems favoring or not, when applying them>the thread being as old/forgotten as the discontinued tea in question, until bumped by n00b of 1 post! :mrgreen:
Chip wrote:Though orchid is used to describe many oolongs.

^bad mod, bad mod. floral & fruity is used with practically all teas, but for your favorite- green tea> orchid it is, not just wulongs:
http://shop.amazing-green-tea.com/huang ... ofeng.html
Regarded by many as the third best Chinese green tea, she has a medium body and an amazing orchid fragrance.

and then there are the flavored/scented teas mixed with orchid blossoms/petals

wh&yel-apprentice
Posts: 138
Joined: May 11, '09

Re: Upton Tea - Competition TGY - $76/oz !!

Postby iannon » Dec 29th, '11, 21:36

wh&yel-apprentice wrote:
Chip wrote:... well it is an old listing and long discontinued, so it is kind of moot now.
...as are apparently the rules that apply only to those Chip deems favoring or not, when applying them>the thread being as old/forgotten as the discontinued tea in question, until bumped by n00b of 1 post! :mrgreen:
I have no idea what you are really trying to say..although it seems nothing helpful
Chip wrote:Though orchid is used to describe many oolongs.

^bad mod, bad mod. floral & fruity is used with practically all teas, but for your favorite- green tea> orchid it is, not just wulongs:
http://shop.amazing-green-tea.com/huang ... ofeng.html
The statement is still true..many Oolongs are, in fact, described as having an orchid aroma/scent..so again what helpful point are you trying to make?
Regarded by many as the third best Chinese green tea, she has a medium body and an amazing orchid fragrance.

and then there are the flavored/scented teas mixed with orchid blossoms/petals

User avatar iannon
Posts: 1631
Joined: Dec 30, '08
Location: The foot of the great Smoky Mountains

Re: Upton Tea - Competition TGY - $76/oz !!

Postby wyardley » Dec 30th, '11, 14:05

I have definitely smelled fragrant orchids - in fact, when I smelled some of the flowering orchids at a local nursery, I finally understood for the first time why so many Fenghuang dancong varieties are named after orchids.

User avatar wyardley
Posts: 2062
Joined: Jan 11, '07
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Upton Tea - Competition TGY - $76/oz !!

Postby iannon » Dec 30th, '11, 14:20

wyardley wrote:I have definitely smelled fragrant orchids - in fact, when I smelled some of the flowering orchids at a local nursery, I finally understood for the first time why so many Fenghuang dancong varieties are named after orchids.

My ex-GF used to grow Orchids in Hawaii..they had a very strong but nice aroma. some orchids have aromas..some dont

User avatar iannon
Posts: 1631
Joined: Dec 30, '08
Location: The foot of the great Smoky Mountains


Today's Poll



Community

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest