Jan 2nd, '12, 06:11

Has anyone ever bought anything from Stephan from Teamaster?

by Acaelus » Jan 2nd, '12, 06:11

That lives in the USA? I'm kind of anxious as to how customs works since I want to purchase a teapot from him.

Jan 2nd, '12, 13:49

Re: Has anyone ever bought anything from Stephan from Teamaster?

by tortoise » Jan 2nd, '12, 13:49

I have purchased from him and so have many others living in the U.S. My order took a bit longer than stuff coming from Japan, but it all arrived safely. I've ordered from him twice and not had an issue. He communicates well if you have any questions.

Now, you will find varying opinions on the quality of his tea ware, but I think in general he's a source worth exploring.

Jan 2nd, '12, 15:59

by Acaelus » Jan 2nd, '12, 15:59

tortoise wrote:I have purchased from him and so have many others living in the U.S. My order took a bit longer than stuff coming from Japan, but it all arrived safely. I've ordered from him twice and not had an issue. He communicates well if you have any questions.

Now, you will find varying opinions on the quality of his tea ware, but I think in general he's a source worth exploring.
Awesome thanks! I was just wondering because I've seen all these stories about customs so I've been afraid to order from anywhere overseas for fear that I have to pay the magical customs fees.

Jan 2nd, '12, 16:01

by debunix » Jan 2nd, '12, 16:01

I've yet to have to pay any fees on arrival of my overseas packages, for teas or teawares, with values clearly documented on the outside of most of them, up to several hundred dollars for one shipment.

Jan 2nd, '12, 16:31
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 2nd, '12, 16:31

There are generally no customs' fees for teas and teawares imported for personal use. You will often notice the "small packets" stamped on tea packages shipped to the USA for this reason.

As long as the customs declaration page is in order (and I am sure it will be), your package will usually pass right through customs.

Jan 2nd, '12, 16:51

by AdamMY » Jan 2nd, '12, 16:51

Acaelus wrote:
tortoise wrote:I have purchased from him and so have many others living in the U.S. My order took a bit longer than stuff coming from Japan, but it all arrived safely. I've ordered from him twice and not had an issue. He communicates well if you have any questions.

Awesome thanks! I was just wondering because I've seen all these stories about customs so I've been afraid to order from anywhere overseas for fear that I have to pay the magical customs fees.

Most the stories you've heard about customs fees for tea on this forum, are from our European members whose countries have different customs laws, and duty is owed on any package brought in over a certain monetary value ( a value much lower than what is set for the United States).

Jan 2nd, '12, 17:37

by Acaelus » Jan 2nd, '12, 17:37

Thank you all so much. I'm just worried that the zhuni pot I want to buy from him or Jingteashop will have some kind of monstrous fee, and as a college student, I don't have much money to spend, except on choice items :D

Jan 2nd, '12, 21:58

by BioHorn » Jan 2nd, '12, 21:58

Hi. I have bought from TM a few times. I highly recommend them. No problems and no customs fees.
One item came broken and Stephane replaced it very quickly.

+ Post Reply