Hello one and all

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jan 3rd, '12, 23:05

Hello one and all

by Goldfinch » Jan 3rd, '12, 23:05

Hello everybody! I figured an introduction was appropriate before I started posting here. Myself and my brother have been avid tea drinkers since we discovered 'exotic' teas about two months ago. Until then we had been blindly drinking regular teabags but now our eyes have been opened and we have tried what must be about 30 different kinds by now in loose-leaf form. I must say it's brilliant and we've been drinking upwards of five pots of the stuff on some days, so I look forward to having a good time talking and learning more about tea.

Jan 3rd, '12, 23:15
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Hello one and all

by Chip » Jan 3rd, '12, 23:15

Welcome, my fine feathered friend, to TeaChat. I am looking forward to seeing you fly around the forum.

30 teas, I wonder where you will land on your new yet high speed TeaJourney???

What have you been trying?

Jan 3rd, '12, 23:32

by Goldfinch » Jan 3rd, '12, 23:32

Wow, quick reply. Well at the minute we have teas called Keemun Black Tiger, Tea of Life and Kwai Flower Se Chung. I'm enjoying them all a lot, particularly the white tea, Tea of Life, but my brother likes the Keemun the most. If you could recommend a few teas we might like for the future that would be great!

Jan 4th, '12, 14:00

by FlyedPiper » Jan 4th, '12, 14:00

Welcome to TC! A lot to learn around here.

I think for recommendations you would have to narrow it down a little. My advice would be to try a lot of different types of teas first, get a feel for them, then pick a couple to explore further. Then you could drop a post into the appropriate forum and get further info.

Jan 4th, '12, 14:25

by Chip » Jan 4th, '12, 14:25

+1 ... one way to expedite this and save some cash is to get samplers such as from Adagio.

Jan 4th, '12, 17:08

by Goldfinch » Jan 4th, '12, 17:08

Ah I see. I'll think more comprehensively (And try more teas) about what I like first, then. I see Adagio actually has a wider range of tea than where we usually buy from, so we may be purchasing from here in future. Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I appreciate it!

Jan 4th, '12, 23:01

by Dinahsaur » Jan 4th, '12, 23:01

Chip wrote:+1 ... one way to expedite this and save some cash is to get samplers such as from Adagio.
Adagio's tea samplers was actually one of the first ways I was introduced to a number of different teas. It's a great way to go! You'll also find similar sample options on a number of tea sites, so have at!

+ Post Reply