The Announcement!

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Jan 4th, '12, 19:25
Scrolling: scrolling

The Announcement!

by Chip » Jan 4th, '12, 19:25

As I mentioned in another topic Humble Teapologies, I had a forthcoming, exciting announcement to make. Well I think I said something like ... "great, stupendous, exciting, awesome ... news that may also prove to be life altering."

Today I can finally share it with you as the official announcements have been made. I have been asked to be a Core Conference Speaker for the upcoming World Tea Expo in Las Vegas on June 1-3, 2012. I will be presenting a timely 60 minute presentation on what else, Japanese Tea at a pivotal time. I have titled it:

A New, Exciting Dawn for Japanese Tea!

This has actually been a goal of mine for a couple years, but with all the events that have hit Japan, I am very excited and motivated to present this at this point in time. I am also most grateful to the folks at World Tea Expo for this opportunity.

You can view my presentation description here: http://www.worldteaexpo.com/index.php/c ... n#japanese

My bio here: http://www.worldteaexpo.com/index.php/c ... ChipCreitz

The World Tea Expo here: http://www.worldteaexpo.com/index.php/the-expo

Jan 4th, '12, 20:03

Re: The Announcement!

by iannon » Jan 4th, '12, 20:03

Awesome Chip! Glad to hear it. I would love to be able to go to that and see you in action.

Jan 4th, '12, 20:04

by Proinsias » Jan 4th, '12, 20:04

Congrats Chip.

That's just....well....wonderful.

This news has made me happy, can't really imagine how it's made you feel.

Yay!

Jan 4th, '12, 20:28

by Herb_Master » Jan 4th, '12, 20:28

Can I have your autograph :D

:lol:

Jan 4th, '12, 21:14

by Drax » Jan 4th, '12, 21:14

Wow, that really is great news, congratulations!

I would be tempted to attend, but a date in that time-frame is already taken for a very special retirement ceremony (no, not me :D ). All the best!

Jan 4th, '12, 21:33

by Chip » Jan 4th, '12, 21:33

iannon wrote:Awesome Chip! Glad to hear it. I would love to be able to go to that and see you in action.
Action ... might be slow mo', ya know ... though I may spontaneously slip into a shincha ditty. It is Vegas after all. :mrgreen:
Proinsias wrote:Congrats Chip.

That's just....well....wonderful.

This news has made me happy, can't really imagine how it's made you feel.
Yay!
Yay , I am happy too!!! :mrgreen:
Herb_Master wrote:Can I have your autograph :D
If you show, I will sign in matcha! :mrgreen:
Drax wrote:Wow, that really is great news, congratulations!
Thank you most kindly ... thank you all!!! :mrgreen:

Jan 4th, '12, 22:19

by debunix » Jan 4th, '12, 22:19

The timing does is not quite right for one of my regular trips to Vegas (for work, seriously), but is this the sort of thing that I should make a special trip for?

Jan 4th, '12, 22:24

by iannon » Jan 4th, '12, 22:24

from looking at the convention website it sems like its an industry only event no? unless i read wrong. looked like you had to be a retailer/wholesaler/etc. to get in?

Jan 4th, '12, 22:31

by debunix » Jan 4th, '12, 22:31

That's been my impression in the past, but maybe knowing a big wig giving a talk (wink, wink), I could get a pass?

Jan 4th, '12, 23:05

by SlientSipper » Jan 4th, '12, 23:05

Ah Chip... Glad to hear it.
I am currently living in Las Vegas Nevada right now.

Its a shame that I will be living in Japan by then... :| :|
Rats! Rats Rats! :( :evil:

Jan 5th, '12, 00:17

by Poohblah » Jan 5th, '12, 00:17

iannon wrote:from looking at the convention website it sems like its an industry only event no? unless i read wrong. looked like you had to be a retailer/wholesaler/etc. to get in?
That's what appears to be the case. On the pricing page, it says that you need to go through your employer in order to get a pass, and that the type of pass you receive depends on who your employer is.

edit: ninja'd by the chipster
edit2: hey, where did his post go?! :? Chip posted that some tea bloggers were able to attend as media representatives, but his post vanished :shock:

Jan 5th, '12, 00:25

by Chip » Jan 5th, '12, 00:25

(Sorry Poohblah, I hit submit before answering others as well)
iannon wrote:from looking at the convention website it sems like its an industry only event no? unless i read wrong. looked like you had to be a retailer/wholesaler/etc. to get in?
... or "media" which last show I went to included quite a few bloggers (WTE-East in 2011). Media even has its own special pass and category. I actually saw several TCers attending as bloggers.

Also at East were a lot of people simply investigating the possibility of entering the industry or getting started with projections for entering at a date in the future.

Each time I went, it was as a representative of TeaChat. It was not as a seller nor a buyer. Adagio is very careful not to label me as an Adagio employee which would in some eyes create a biased moderator.
debunix wrote:That's been my impression in the past, but maybe knowing a big wig giving a talk (wink, wink), I could get a pass?
No, that is my real hair in that photo. :mrgreen:

But there are plenty of Tea big wigs there typically. I was a bit awestruck when I first hit the floor and began seeing icons sitting around talking like mere mortals. :mrgreen:
SlientSipper wrote:Ah Chip... Glad to hear it.
I am currently living in Las Vegas Nevada right now.

Its a shame that I will be living in Japan by then... :| :|
Rats! Rats Rats! :( :evil:
Far be it for me to suggest you give up your trip to Japan to attend ... just bring something back for me and all will be forgiven! :mrgreen:
Poohblah wrote:
That's what appears to be the case. On the pricing page, it says that you need to go through your employer in order to get a pass, and that the type of pass you receive depends on who your employer is.

edit: ninja'd by the chipster
(Sorry Poohblah, I hit submit before answering others as well)

I am sure media is still a category as well. Hopefully they would not nix the bloggers, but I will have to investigate.

Jan 5th, '12, 00:33

by Chip » Jan 5th, '12, 00:33

debunix wrote:The timing does is not quite right for one of my regular trips to Vegas (for work, seriously), but is this the sort of thing that I should make a special trip for?
If you are able to attend and qualify for one of the categories, it is a really big show.

Like I said above, I was pretty awestruck the first time. It was like, "wow, look at all these TeaPeeps."

Jan 5th, '12, 10:02

by Lerxst2112 » Jan 5th, '12, 10:02

Way to go, Chip! I don't know if there will be a trip to NV in my future, but if there is, I know where I'm going!

:D

Jan 5th, '12, 13:04

by Nenugal » Jan 5th, '12, 13:04

Congratulations, Chip! :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply