Hello, and IM won't work for me.

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jan 8th, '12, 23:49

Hello, and IM won't work for me.

by SimonRichie » Jan 8th, '12, 23:49

Sorry to start out with a complaint!

Otherwise, all is well here. People are helpful, respectful, and filled with knowledge.

I'm 34, from Oklahoma, live in Texas, have lived in South Korea and New York, and I teach English as an MFA-Fiction student at Texas State University.

I like tea, beer, music, films, and sharp clothes (even if I can't afford to purchase and wear them).

Vegan, atheist, communist anarchist, early-reggae musician, father of 17-month-old daughter.

Sorry to get so heavy there, but I have a feeling there are others similar to me 'round these parts.

I love Philip Roth, Bruno Shulz, the Kinks, the Slackers, Wes Anderson, and Jim Jarmusch. And I could add to that list for days.

My previous tea experience includes seas of iced Lipton and a 10-year on-and-off relationship with the Republic of Tea, particularly their Daily Green and Big Green Hojicha.

After finding the book "Tea: History, Terroirs, Varieties" by Gascyone, et. al., I have fallen back in love and become totally geeked out on this stuff.

My first Adagio order (samplers of Green Pekoe, Gunpowder, Jasmine Chun Hao #5, Kukicha, Pi Lo Chun, White Monkey, Sleeping Dragon, Snowbud, White Peoni, Huang Jin Bolero, Wuyi Ensemble, Keemon Concerto) should arrive tomorrow!

And I can't get the IM to work. I can see it, get the live feed, but my posts just disappear. If anyone can help me with that, I'd be much obliged.

-Simon Richie :mrgreen:

Jan 9th, '12, 09:28

Re: Hello, and IM won't work for me.

by AdamMY » Jan 9th, '12, 09:28

The Chat has an anti-spam feature set up, which prevents people from posting if they have less than 10 posts on the forum. So stick around, comment where you have thoughts to contribute, and participate in TeaDay and you should be to 10 posts in no time.

Welcome to the Forum, hope to see you around.

Jan 9th, '12, 10:50
Scrolling: scrolling

by Lerxst2112 » Jan 9th, '12, 10:50

SimonRichie wrote:
My first Adagio order (samplers of Green Pekoe, Gunpowder, Jasmine Chun Hao #5, Kukicha, Pi Lo Chun, White Monkey, Sleeping Dragon, Snowbud, White Peoni, Huang Jin Bolero, Wuyi Ensemble, Keemon Concerto) should arrive tomorrow!
-Simon Richie :mrgreen:
First, welcome!! Second, wow, nothing like jumping in with both feet! As Mr. Adam has said, you need 10+ posts in order to use the chat fx'n. Chip, one of the moderators, usually puts up a new forum every few days asking "what's in your cup?" - it's a great way to start out. I look forward to hearing about what you thought of all the samplers you purchased. See you around!

Peace, love and tea -
~ Jess

Jan 9th, '12, 22:07

by Chasen » Jan 9th, '12, 22:07

Welcome, Simon!

I'm a newbie too, and also jumped in with both feet, but only because that's all I have... TG I'm not an octopus. :lol:

I've been especially nuts in buying tea ware. Gotta have that pottery, no?

Looking forward to hearing what you think about the new teas you're expecting.

Eileen

Jan 10th, '12, 11:37

by Neist » Jan 10th, '12, 11:37

Welcome! I'm from Oklahoma myself. Didn't think I'd run into another Oklahoma person so casually, especially considering the fact that I joined just a few days ago myself.

Also, good to know about the instant messenger. I thought the same exact thing, but assumed it must not have agreed with my web browser. Good to know there's a reason.

Jan 18th, '12, 14:10
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 18th, '12, 14:10

Welcome to TeaChat SimonRichie and Neist. I am looking forward to seeing more of you around the forum.

+ Post Reply