Humble Teapologies ...

Completely off the Topic of Tea

Re: Humble Teapologies ...

Postby BioHorn » Jan 14th, '12, 15:53

Hi Chip,
Thank you for keeping us informed on the process.
Once again, sorry you have had to go through this, but it has been interesting to have a first-hand insight to some of our governments internal legal/political dealings.

With support!

Hans
BioHorn

Postby JBaymore » Jan 15th, '12, 15:05

Sorry to hear that it did not work out fully how you would have liked, but happy that it is now in the past for you.

Focus on tea.

best,

.................john
JBaymore
TeawareArtisan Member

Postby iannon » Jan 15th, '12, 21:22

well..at least the waiting is over right? that has to be a relief no?
iannon

Postby Chip » Jul 2nd, '13, 15:48

I am fast approaching the July 29th 2nd anniversary of my bicycling road-rage "incident." Some lingering physical and psychological manifestations prompted a visit to the doctor ... and then to a counselor. I have not really been myself for almost 2 years ...

I have known these were related to the road-rage incident, but never went for the official declaration. But the lingering symptoms prompted a change in course.

So, today I was officially diagnosed with Chronic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

weeeeeeee ... :?
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby teaisme » Jul 2nd, '13, 16:25

hey it happens, we get shaken up for long periods of time after a traumatic event, only human. From one traumatized person to another...give it some time, and fill your life with as much warmth and love as you can manage.

Eventually the mental tension, in part caused by the chemical changes brought about by physical shock/trauma, balance themselves out, then it's much easier to look back on the event without feeling much distress and just seeing it as it is, the past, done with.

I hope this will be the case for your chip. 3 years down the road after my 'event' I started feeling about back to normal :wink:
teaisme

Humble Teapologies ...

Postby Jspigs » Jul 3rd, '13, 07:04

Sorry to hear about all this unpleasantness, I hope you feel at least a little better soon.

Edited to add: Hopefully with this diagnosis will come better options/ways to treat/cope with the stress etc.
Jspigs

Postby Drax » Jul 3rd, '13, 09:36

I'm so sorry to hear that this terrible incident continues to linger, but thank you for sharing your challenges and struggles. Your story has certainly been very informative for me, and hopefully it can encourage those who find themselves in similar straits.
Drax

Postby JBaymore » Jul 3rd, '13, 09:44

You'll get through it, Chip. :)

best,
...............john
JBaymore
TeawareArtisan Member

Postby Chip » Jul 4th, '13, 00:04

Thank you, TeaFriends. I will overcome. Besides, I've got "fix-all," the magical potion. :mrgreen:

I did want to stress that my post is not a cry for help, just letting everyone know that I am going through some stuff ... and perhaps to explain if I have been a bit different. I know I have been much more reserved on TeaChat.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Aug 17th, '13, 11:22

Oh the ironies ... this is where the main event went down ... under the "Share the Road" sign. The road also happens to be a road portion of the Schuylkill River Trail for bikes, etc.

While the vast majority of car drivers do endeavor to "share the road," a disproportionate number of drivers of pickup trucks purposely endanger bicyclists.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Geekgirl » Aug 18th, '13, 13:29

I have noticed that disproportion also. It's more SUVs here, you see far more of them than pickups. It seems an unlikely number of these drivers view it as a badge of honor to either see how close to you they can drive when passing, or they gun it and swerve way over into the other lane when passing. I have lost count of how many times an SUV has nearly run somebody off the road in the oncoming lane because they couldn't wait the few seconds to hurry and pass me to beat me to the stop sign.
:evil:
Geekgirl

Postby Chip » Sep 28th, '13, 15:44

Sooooo ... the saga continues.

I hate to post this here, but feel I should since it does affect how I interact here.

Since the 2 year anniversary of July 29th, there has been a surge in what I am perceiving to be retaliatory actions around and now on our property.

The most recent incident is the most ... alarming. Someone came onto our property, poured a petroleum product onto our front porch, set this canister with fluid still inside along with our completely empty gas can in very conspicuous locations. The gas can was set upon a piece of wood furniture with the can within inches of our house. The full can was set upon other property within around 5' of our house.

Clearly this was intended to threaten, intimidate, harass. And the results could have been catastrophic and life threatening.

I had been trying to ignore these incidents, hoping they would grow bored with their childish yet dangerous behavior. However after this last offense, the police were summoned. Unfortunately, there is little they can do since there is no proof, but I did insist they pay the guy and his "chip off the old block son" (who I feel is responsible) a visit.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby MIKE_B » Sep 28th, '13, 16:11

Wow, Chip. That's creepy.
Good luck, man.
MIKE_B

Postby kikula » Sep 28th, '13, 16:49

Totally creepy - you've got a couple of mean little sociopaths on your hands, of course. In your boat I'd invest in a first rate security system with cameras, lights, sound alerts - the works. Not so very expensive (though a very annoying place to have to put your discretionary bucks) but perhaps a good practical response and certainly a warranted one here. Needs some deep comparison shopping I think.
(If you're fond of dogs it might be a nice time to rescue a sweet, big noisy one, but only if, of course. Feeling safe is only a side perc for me - I love my brilliant beast dearly for many reasons - but it's nice to know that even a raccoon can't enter the property without her letting me know of it, and she's at my side pretty much 24/7. She'd never actually hurt a human, but she sounds scary as hell when roused. )
I'm truly sorry you're having to deal with this. Jeez.
kikula

Postby JBaymore » Sep 28th, '13, 18:19

Hidden video surveilance cameras... including IR ones. Get the jerks faces on video... then turn the stuff over to the police.

best,

..............john
JBaymore
TeawareArtisan Member

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions