Seven Cups "Official" Oolong Tea Topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Jan 20th, '10, 15:46
Scrolling: scrolling

Seven Cups "Official" Oolong Tea Topic

by Chip » Jan 20th, '10, 15:46

Seven Cups was nominated and confirmed for our TeaVendor Guide under the Oolong Tea category. If you would like to nominate them to other categories, you may do this, otherwise limit discussion to their Oolong Tea offerings. Thank you! :D

NEW! Official Oolong Tea Vendor Guide for Seven Cups.com
Consider this a perennial topic for Oolong teas from Seven Cups to discuss and review.

http://www.sevencups.com/tea_shop/home. ... catexp=273

Official Oolong Tea Vendor Guide. Let's see what happens with this wild and crazy idea. You can view the main Oolong TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 02#p141802 and the main TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewforum.php?f=60

Sep 14th, '10, 12:11

Re: Seven Cups "Official" Oolong Tea Topic

by the_skua » Sep 14th, '10, 12:11

I bought a few oolongs for drinking at work a while back and was generally happy with them, especially for the price and considering the fact that they were organic. Correspondence and shipping were just fine.

Jan 3rd, '11, 12:24

by iannon » Jan 3rd, '11, 12:24

Just ordered the rock oolong sampler and some DHP that was on sale..I had run out and figured I would try something somewhat "local" to help with the slow-boat-from-China wait.
lets see how they turn out ;)

Jan 3rd, '11, 17:35

by tenuki » Jan 3rd, '11, 17:35

I've always thought they had solid offerings that were excellent values. The rock oolong sampler is a great introduction and in general they are an occasional source of wuyi for me.

Jan 17th, '12, 18:43

by intelligen_tea_a » Jan 17th, '12, 18:43

iannon wrote:Just ordered the rock oolong sampler and some DHP that was on sale..I had run out and figured I would try something somewhat "local" to help with the slow-boat-from-China wait.
lets see how they turn out ;)
It's a good thing that you got the Da Hong Pao that was on sale. The 2011 product is not nearly as good as previous years (but still exceptional). Have you tried it yet? How was it?

As far as being "local," Seven Cups is about as close to China as you can get. The owners spend at least three months out of the year in China selecting their teas, and one of the owners, Zhuping, is a certified Chinese tea master, so she knows exactly what she is looking for. She only brings us the best tea that China has to offer.

Feb 5th, '13, 21:40

by amaranto » Feb 5th, '13, 21:40

I've had their High Mountain Tie Guan Yin Anxi Wulong, which is light and floral and good for many steeps. The Premium Shui Xian Organic Rock Wulong 2011 is complex and changes quite a bit during the first three steeps, with a heavy honey-like flavor during the second, when a nice, sharp floral aftertaste begins to show up.

Mar 5th, '13, 14:19

by yalokinh » Mar 5th, '13, 14:19

Bought:
Mi lan xiang,
Huang zhi xiang,
Tie kuan yin,
And a sheng puer tuo cha,
All really good teas, especially the huang zhi xiang and tky

Mar 19th, '14, 15:38

by MacGuffin » Mar 19th, '14, 15:38

The only oolong I've ever bought from Seven Cups that I haven't liked is the Old Style Tie Guan Yin. (FWIW, I think they sell quite a bit of this so it's probably just me.) Stéphane from Tea Masters sampled me on something similar that I liked much more, so it's not that I have a hard time with the concept of a toastier TGY. I picked up some oolongs (all 2013) during last month's Tea Club Members-only sale and, after conferring with Andrew (whom I trust implicitly), settled on three "rocks"--Jin Guan Yin, Que She, and Bai Ji Guan (MUCH cheaper than what I bought from them in 2008) and one "dan"--Yu Lan Xiang with a sample bag of Feng Huan Shui Xian. The last looked interesting because even though it's sold as a dan, the varietal for this particular batch was transplanted in Wu Yi (as is their Eight Immortals, although it's sold as a rock). I'm slogging through a lot of old tea but I wanted to get these while they were on sale and will post my impressions as I sample them.

+ Post Reply