Westlake Dragonwell?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Oct 17th, '11, 14:46

Re: Westlake Dragonwell?

by itsgoingtorainsoon » Oct 17th, '11, 14:46

TeaSpring.com are crooks. NOT a trusty worthy vendor.

Oct 17th, '11, 17:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 17th, '11, 17:27

itsgoingtorainsoon wrote:TeaSpring.com are crooks. NOT a trusty worthy vendor.
:shock: Besides offering a harsh and accusatory opinion ... judgement, on what do you base this harsh judgement?

My personal experiences have all been very positive as have just about everyone else's who have posted on the forum.

Oct 17th, '11, 17:53
Scrolling: scrolling

by brandon » Oct 17th, '11, 17:53

Chip wrote:
:shock: Besides offering a harsh and accusatory opinion ... judgement, on what do you base this harsh judgement?

My personal experiences have all been very positive as have just about everyone else's who have posted on the forum.
+1, been ordering for 3 years now.

Oct 17th, '11, 21:11

by bagua7 » Oct 17th, '11, 21:11

Hmmm:

DTH's dan Congs are not worth the time and money, their picture display may look good but once it arrives and you open it, it looks different and taste like crap.

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 90#p206890

I have purchased LJ from Teaspring (I still have some 2010 LJ left with me) and I am a satisfied customer. Maybe you had a bad experience with your LJ, care to clarify?

Oct 27th, '11, 21:28

by djlau » Oct 27th, '11, 21:28

Xi Hu is such a small area, and the dragonwell from that area is so prized that people are willing to pay high prices just to give a gift that's from this famous area.

I've had a Da Fo Long Jing from Seven Cups and it was excellent. They have a West Lake Long Jing, and I completely trust that it is from the area, called Shi Feng http://www.sevencups.com/tea_shop/Shi-F ... -2011.html

Give that a try!

Oct 28th, '11, 21:40

by sherubtse » Oct 28th, '11, 21:40

djlau wrote:I've had a Da Fo Long Jing from Seven Cups and it was excellent. They have a West Lake Long Jing, and I completely trust that it is from the area, called Shi Feng http://www.sevencups.com/tea_shop/Shi-F ... -2011.html Give that a try!
What do you think of Seven Cups (i.e., quality of teas, service, shipping, etc.) :?:

Thanks.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Oct 28th, '11, 23:14

by JRS22 » Oct 28th, '11, 23:14

sherubtse wrote: What do you think of Seven Cups (i.e., quality of teas, service, shipping, etc.) :?:

Thanks.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
I've been very satisfied with Seven Cups green teas. One of my favorite Chinese greens is Tai Ping Hou Kui. I compared a number of sources last year and theirs was the best, to my taste. This year I ordered from both Seven Cups and Jing. I think that Seven Cups TPHK is clearly better but for some people the extra flavor might not justify the extra cost as compared to Jing. The same may be true of Long Jing, but im really just learning how to brew it.

Oct 29th, '11, 08:14

by sherubtse » Oct 29th, '11, 08:14

JRS22 wrote:
sherubtse wrote: What do you think of Seven Cups (i.e., quality of teas, service, shipping, etc.) :?:

Thanks.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
I've been very satisfied with Seven Cups green teas. One of my favorite Chinese greens is Tai Ping Hou Kui. I compared a number of sources last year and theirs was the best, to my taste. This year I ordered from both Seven Cups and Jing. I think that Seven Cups TPHK is clearly better but for some people the extra flavor might not justify the extra cost as compared to Jing. The same may be true of Long Jing, but im really just learning how to brew it.
Thanks for the feedback, JRS22. :)

Jan 17th, '12, 22:49

by intelligen_tea_a » Jan 17th, '12, 22:49

JRS22 wrote:

Thanks.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
I'll second this. Seven Cups has some of the best green teas, and their Shi Feng (Lion's Peak) Long Jing must be the real thing because they buy it directly from a tea master on the mountain who has been producing his long jing for over sixty years. The Tai Ping Hou Kui is truly excellent, i'm drinking it right now.

As far as the difference between Seven Cups' Da Fo (Big Buddha) and Shi Feng long jings, I can hardly tell a difference in taste, so I opt for the cheaper one. However, the Shi Feng variety has a more complex aroma, more whole leaves, and can endure more steepings.

+ Post Reply