European Vendor for Japanese Green

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby aeflo » Jan 18th, '12, 05:49

does anyone know a good vendor for japanese green, which is shipping from europe?
i'm looking for one because of rather high costs of recieving ems-sendings in my homecountry.
would be great to get some help !

aeflo
Posts: 39
Joined: Jan 05, '12
Location: Austria

Re: European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby Xell » Jan 18th, '12, 07:34

I saw some reviews about postcardteas.com, but doubt you can spare on shipping cost (i.e. shipping cheaper, but teas far more expensive), since there are some extra expenses for merchants outside of Japan. But certainly it would arrive faster :)

For only tea isn't it fine using SAL or Air Mail? A lot cheaper and not much slower, from my experience it takes about 1-2 weeks in most parts of Europe. But for teaware personally i would suggest using only EMS, but maybe it's just me being a little bit paranoid about it :roll:

User avatar Xell
Vendor Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Jan 07, '11
Location: Japan, Nagasaki
Contact Xell:

Re: European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby aeflo » Jan 18th, '12, 07:43

I ordered just two bags of tea from zencha using air mail (to try out) and to my surprise it was super quick and no additional costs to pay.
so in future i will face the risk and keep ordering with air mail.

but you're right i would also not dare to order pottery other than using EMS.

thanks for the tipp with postcardteas :)

aeflo
Posts: 39
Joined: Jan 05, '12
Location: Austria

Re: European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby puerhking » Jan 18th, '12, 12:24


User avatar puerhking
Posts: 745
Joined: Jul 07, '08
Location: ostensible universe

Re: European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby Oni » Jan 20th, '12, 01:56

It is no use ordering from europe, the price is higher anyway, they have to pay a tax because of importing merchandise, 24 % - 26 % VAT or AFA or TVA or whatever the hell it is called, so if you add that plus their profit to the price of the tea, you really did not save a penny, rather you payed extra.
I could recommend japantea.hu, they sell horaido, marukyu-koyamaen, kambayashi, they are also called teautja.hu, but as I mentioned you cannot get it cheaper than ordering directly.

User avatar Oni
Posts: 1145
Joined: Nov 28, '08

Re: European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby Tead Off » Jan 20th, '12, 07:13

aeflo wrote:does anyone know a good vendor for japanese green, which is shipping from europe?
i'm looking for one because of rather high costs of recieving ems-sendings in my homecountry.
would be great to get some help !

http://www.teamountain.cz/
probably the best vendor for Japanese teas I've come across in Europe.

User avatar Tead Off
Vendor Member
Posts: 4467
Joined: Apr 01, '09
Location: Bangkok

Re: European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby miginaustria » Jan 21st, '12, 10:30

puerhking wrote:Here is one out of France:

http://www.thes-du-japon.com/index.php? ... anguage=en


Their offerings look really good, but isn't the company based in Japan even though the owners may be French?

I have came across this German company that doesn't look too shabby:

http://shop.strato.de/epages/61562726.sf

Has anyone had any experience with them?

miginaustria
Posts: 42
Joined: Jul 02, '09
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact miginaustria:

Re: European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby miginaustria » Jan 21st, '12, 10:32

Oh, and forgot to add: I was favorably impressed with Postcard's sencha the couple of times I ordered.

miginaustria
Posts: 42
Joined: Jul 02, '09
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact miginaustria:

Re: European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby miginaustria » Jan 21st, '12, 10:36

aeflo wrote:does anyone know a good vendor for japanese green, which is shipping from europe?
i'm looking for one because of rather high costs of recieving ems-sendings in my homecountry.
would be great to get some help !


Oh, and some info that might be relevant for aeflo: just noticed you live in Austria, as I do also. If you live in Vienna, check out the Japanese tea room next to the Naschmarkt at Faulmanngasse -- they sell Maiko sencha and Gyokuro (not cheap but very good).

miginaustria
Posts: 42
Joined: Jul 02, '09
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact miginaustria:

Re: European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby aeflo » Jan 22nd, '12, 11:07

miginaustria wrote:Oh, and some info that might be relevant for aeflo: just noticed you live in Austria, as I do also. If you live in Vienna, check out the Japanese tea room next to the Naschmarkt at Faulmanngasse-- they sell Maiko sencha and Gyokuro (not cheap but very good).


ah the cha no ma -- i'm there quite often :D
i supposed that the gyokuro is maiko, didn't know that the sencha (which i love very much) is from maiko as well!
they should sell packed maiko-tea too!!

aeflo
Posts: 39
Joined: Jan 05, '12
Location: Austria


Re: European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby Marco » Feb 9th, '12, 15:29

aeflo wrote:does anyone know a good vendor for japanese green, which is shipping from europe?
i'm looking for one because of rather high costs of recieving ems-sendings in my homecountry.
would be great to get some help !


A lot of Austrians around here :)
I didn't find anything reasonable in price and quality in Europe. I recommend buying directly from Japan (see vendor list here on teachat).

One important thing is to avoid EMS sending becaus with EMS you pay 20% VAT for sure (in Austria) and customs duty (dependant on value) and the post will charge you for the levy of this all. - so a huge markup

User avatar Marco
Posts: 328
Joined: Jun 11, '10
Location: Austria

Re: European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby Tead Off » Feb 9th, '12, 23:23

Marco wrote:I didn't find anything reasonable in price and quality in Europe. I recommend buying directly from Japan (see vendor list here on teachat).

I beg to differ. http://www.teamountain.cz/
High quality teas at decent prices. Can also try www.darjeeling.cz

User avatar Tead Off
Vendor Member
Posts: 4467
Joined: Apr 01, '09
Location: Bangkok

Re: European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby Marco » Feb 10th, '12, 14:55

Tead Off wrote:
Marco wrote:I didn't find anything reasonable in price and quality in Europe. I recommend buying directly from Japan (see vendor list here on teachat).

I beg to differ. http://www.teamountain.cz/
High quality teas at decent prices. Can also try http://www.darjeeling.cz


Hey Tead Off
I don't know those two. Would give them a try. I just wanted to add that every European vendor I checked or bought from (about 20) had medium quality Japanese greens or was far too expensive - with that I mean I paid a lot more than buying directly.

ciao
Marco

User avatar Marco
Posts: 328
Joined: Jun 11, '10
Location: Austria

Re: European Vendor for Japanese Green

Postby Tead Off » Feb 11th, '12, 12:37

Marco wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
Marco wrote:I didn't find anything reasonable in price and quality in Europe. I recommend buying directly from Japan (see vendor list here on teachat).

I beg to differ. http://www.teamountain.cz/
High quality teas at decent prices. Can also try http://www.darjeeling.cz


Hey Tead Off
I don't know those two. Would give them a try. I just wanted to add that every European vendor I checked or bought from (about 20) had medium quality Japanese greens or was far too expensive - with that I mean I paid a lot more than buying directly.

ciao
Marco

Czech them out. :lol:

User avatar Tead Off
Vendor Member
Posts: 4467
Joined: Apr 01, '09
Location: Bangkok


Today's Poll



Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
cron