White tea extract

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.

Dec 4th, '07, 17:18

White tea extract

by ss » Dec 4th, '07, 17:18

Does anyone have a good source they can recommend for a powdered white tea extract? I am looking for a white tea extract I can add to my own lotion for it's skin benefits. I have extensive sun damage, and numerous skin cancers removed. White tea applied topically is noted to aid this problem, yet what is added to most commercial skin care is so minuscule it's for advertizing purpose and not enough to do any benefit (and there is not much on the market anyhow). I would also be interested in a liquid extract that was NOT in an alcohol base.
Any leads would be very appreciated.
Thanks
SS

Dec 4th, '07, 18:05

by Mary R » Dec 4th, '07, 18:05

Please, please, please, please talk to your doctor before you go dosing yourself with mega amounts of any extract. Often times, things like this have adverse effects at higher dosages.

Dec 4th, '07, 21:58

by ss » Dec 4th, '07, 21:58

Not to worry, I am well informed about what I use and how I use it. Have seen several Dermatologist and I find myself telling THEM about information out on products they are not informed about. I have read many studies on site that are reliable, such as pubmed (government research), and here is a link to a green tea study that is interesting:
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/research/suppo ... eentea.cfm
Also a .gov site.

Dec 4th, '07, 22:51

by ss » Dec 4th, '07, 22:51

By the way, why was this post removed from the white tea chat, it certainly applies in both! :?:

Dec 5th, '07, 08:27

by Mary R » Dec 5th, '07, 08:27

It was removed because cross-posting is highly discouraged. In fact, I had thought we addressed it in the "TeaChat Etiquette" post in Introduction, but I see we have not.

Between the "new posts" and "search" functions, cross-posting becomes more of a headache than a help. I deleted the message posted under white teas because I'd already responded to the one posted in other. However, white teas is probably a better place for it, so I have moved the thread.

+ Post Reply