Favourite teaware?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Favourite teaware?

Postby Lerxst2112 » Jan 31st, '12, 11:03

As I sit here counting down the days until my gongfu set I purchased arrives, a couple questions came to me for the community:

1.) Out of all the tea ware you own, which is your favourite/which sees the most use?

2.) If money were no object, what tea ware would you purchase for yourself, and why?

Ready, set, go!

~Jess
Lerxst2112

Re: Favourite teaware?

Postby Chip » Jan 31st, '12, 12:13

Question about #1, do you mean a general type like celadon, Hagi, Yishing ... something more specific or something very specific?
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby teaisme » Jan 31st, '12, 15:30

I think the tea ware that sees the most use is a yixing gifted to me by an uncle

as for #2 I don't know, i'm pretty happy with where I am at (at the moment)....maybe a nice faircup with 5 small cups that are just right :lol:
teaisme

Postby Lerxst2112 » Jan 31st, '12, 16:03

Chip wrote:Question about #1, do you mean a general type like celadon, Hagi, Yishing ... something more specific or something very specific?

Good point, sir. I was leaning towards something very general and open-ended.
Lerxst2112

Postby Chip » Jan 31st, '12, 16:19

Thanks!

1. Fave and most use ... well, fave in most general terms is Japanese artisan teaware. Hagi in cups. Kyusu in teapots, but this is a bit more gray than the cups. Tokoname Kyusu-s likely get the most use, but I also like the other types of kyusu-s.

Next would be there is the Western artisan works and pots!

The list goes on, Korean, celadon, some porcelain wares as well, but strongly Asian influenced.

2. Likely kyusu-s. These can get pricey. I truly love what I have purchased and use ... but I see a lot of very cool kyusu-s that really turn my head. :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Instant Messenger

Permissions