Feb 2nd, '12, 20:56
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: PHASE 2 HAGI SO 17 Oribe SOU-SHUN “Comes the Spring”

by Chip » Feb 2nd, '12, 20:56

... But I don't really want to say much more, I want you to enjoy opening your box full of Oribe. I actually said more than I normally would before the pieces start arriving to members. I just got caught up in the moment. :twisted:

Feb 4th, '12, 13:13

by Chasen » Feb 4th, '12, 13:13

Chip:

I told you a while back that I'm waiting with bated breath. Now, I have to say, after your lustrous description of the Oribe, I'm waiting with baited breath. :lol:

Feb 4th, '12, 22:07

by Chip » Feb 4th, '12, 22:07

Please remember to breath! :mrgreen:

I received word from Mago today, Hide informed me he has been sick. So he is behind schedule. He is getting to them in order received, so if you did not receive a notification from him (if you paid), then please be patient.

As always, for these Hagi SOs, he requests that if you have a question about the status of your order, please contact me. It is much easier for him to then focus his energies on his task at hand, which is quite a task! Keep in mind, English is not his native language.

He states that all Hagi SO orders he has received will be shipped within the next 5 to 6 days, if not sooner. Many have gone out already. He feels they will all be shipped before the 5-6 days, but states this as a worst case scenario.

THANKS!

Feb 4th, '12, 22:16

by Chip » Feb 4th, '12, 22:16

... I will say this much ... "Sou-Shun" has felt the warmth of sencha several times. I am tickled pink ... er green by this Oribe. It began to show darkening crackles after the first session, though nothing dramatic there yet.

I think I am going to call this New Dawn or simply Dawn for a new dawn for Japan, a play on the Sou Shun, "Comes the (early) Spring" title. A New Dawn for Japanese Tea is the title of my presentation that I will be giving in June at the World Tea Expo, nicely all fits in together. :wink:

Feb 4th, '12, 22:30

by debunix » Feb 4th, '12, 22:30

Can hardly imagine how gorgeous this dark green will be with darker lines of stained crackling.

(Wipes drool from keyboard)

Feb 5th, '12, 07:25

by Drax » Feb 5th, '12, 07:25

Very cool, very cool! I got my shipping notification yesterday, and it's been dispatched out of Osaka as of 5 Feb, so methinks I might have something by Tuesday...! Of course, then the post office will come early in the morning, I'll miss them, and I won't get it to Wednesday... :cry:

I think I'll be finishing off OTTI #10 with the oribe...!

Speaking of crackling, I wonder how that will look on the outside, with the deep coloring....?

Feb 5th, '12, 23:31

by Chasen » Feb 5th, '12, 23:31

Chip wrote:... I will say this much ... "Sou-Shun" has felt the warmth of sencha several times. I am tickled pink ... er green by this Oribe. It began to show darkening crackles after the first session, though nothing dramatic there yet.

I think I am going to call this New Dawn or simply Dawn for a new dawn for Japan, a play on the Sou Shun, "Comes the (early) Spring" title. A New Dawn for Japanese Tea is the title of my presentation that I will be giving in June at the World Tea Expo, nicely all fits in together. :wink:

I like that the crackles are already beginning to darken. And I like the name you've given your Oribe piece. Can't wait for mine to arrive . . . really looking forward to using it.

Feb 6th, '12, 03:15

by Chasen » Feb 6th, '12, 03:15

WOO HOO! Email from Mago earlier tonight. My shipment went out today!!! :D

Er, I see it's after midnight now, shipment went out yesterday (Monday in 日本). I'm doing the happy dance . . . :lol:

Feb 6th, '12, 13:10

by hopeofdawn » Feb 6th, '12, 13:10

I also got my shipment notification, though sadly I had to pick the slow boat option--so I guess I'll be biting my nails a bit longer than most!

Feb 6th, '12, 21:26

by Chasen » Feb 6th, '12, 21:26

hopeofdawn wrote:I also got my shipment notification, though sadly I had to pick the slow boat option--so I guess I'll be biting my nails a bit longer than most!
Ahhhh, don't nail bite--happy dance instead! :D Just keep it in your good thoughts as it traverses the miles coming straight toward you!

If I can work out posting photos here, I'll do so when mine arrives.

Feb 7th, '12, 10:00

by demonyc » Feb 7th, '12, 10:00

I picked SAL too, but in my experience it isn't all that much slower than EMS... :roll: so here's to hoping it comes lickety-split! :lol:

Feb 9th, '12, 06:46

by Pascal M. » Feb 9th, '12, 06:46

Hi all,
So my first post for my first Hagi SO :D

I've receive it (n°15) yesterday and I've to say that I'm very impressed. The feeling, the color of the glaze is amazing, and to my surprise it already have some kind of mysterious crackles: this morning when I take it out of it bath I've notice some cracks all over the outer glaze that disappear as soon as the cup dry :shock: . I'll try to make some pictures of it but they gone be hard to catch.

I can't wait to read your experience about it when you get them guys.

Thanks very much Chip for making all this SO possible :D

Feb 10th, '12, 15:10

by Bowman » Feb 10th, '12, 15:10

I received my Seigan and Eiichi SOs yesterday, and am currently enjoying O-cha's Kabusecha in the Seigan Oribe. Honestly, it is an absolutely amazing cup. The size is perfect; the feel is perfect; the glaze is perfect; it couldn't get any better!!! This was my first SO, and it was a great experience!

Thanks Chip and Mago!! :) I hope everyone enjoys their new treasures!

Feb 12th, '12, 04:59

by Pascal M. » Feb 12th, '12, 04:59

Here's the first pictures I've made:
It's hard to capture the real color as it's so complex
And the feeling is amazing, It's such a nice piece.

Oh and the white glaze is already starting to crack :D

Feb 12th, '12, 15:54

by AdamMY » Feb 12th, '12, 15:54

Pascal M. wrote:Here's the first pictures I've made:
It's hard to capture the real color as it's so complex
And the feeling is amazing, It's such a nice piece.

Oh and the white glaze is already starting to crack :D

Nice pictures! In fact the Oribe photos I have seen lately have made me wish I had sprung for one. I am fond of saying sometimes tea ware just looks better in use than in any vendor photo. Especially Hagi Yaki.

+ Post Reply