Who's on Steepster

Miscellaneous Discussion. Any topics that don't fit in other areas of the forum.

Jan 30th, '12, 21:17
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Who's on Steepster

by Chip » Jan 30th, '12, 21:17

heh, I have been a member for a number of years, but have never posted a review.

I do admire the site and its capabilities, however.

I was teamaan, however I either changed it to Chip or created a new account. I need to go check.

Jan 31st, '12, 10:25

by Spoonvonstup » Jan 31st, '12, 10:25

Same handle- Spoonvonstup.

I actually love the site. It's true that flavored teas are right up there with awesome traditional ones, but it also means that there's a whole community of tea drinkers who are learning about and getting introduced to straight teas. There's a lot of openness and tolerance, and people are really curious to learn more.

It's part of the slippery slope phenomenon of tea. You start with a flavored tea, then you try the base tea on it's own.. then you see that someone who liked that tea also likes something called pu'er... and pretty soon you are building a pu'er cellar and a teahouse in the garden.

Jan 31st, '12, 10:43

by CupofTree » Jan 31st, '12, 10:43

Just signed up. Same name as here. Haven't looked around too much yet but I had to add the tea shop I go to because it wasn't in Places. I'm obviously one of the very few in south Florida enthusiastic enough about tea which is expected but sad. Pacific northwest here I come:)

Jan 31st, '12, 11:00

by CupofTree » Jan 31st, '12, 11:00

Spoonvonstup wrote: It's part of the slippery slope phenomenon of tea. You start with a flavored tea, then you try the base tea on it's own.. then you see that someone who liked that tea also likes something called pu'er... and pretty soon you are building a pu'er cellar and a teahouse in the garden.
Haha slippery slope indeed. The best kind. :wink:

Feb 2nd, '12, 08:09

by sherubtse » Feb 2nd, '12, 08:09

Chip wrote:heh, I have been a member for a number of years, but have never posted a review.

I do admire the site and its capabilities, however.

I was teamaan, however I either changed it to Chip or created a new account. I need to go check.
You are "Chip" on Steepster as well. For some time I was your only follower, but I see you now have a 2nd one.

Any idea if you will be posting some reviews? What about about adding your thoughts to some of the discussions? :mrgreen:

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Feb 2nd, '12, 08:21

by Bowman » Feb 2nd, '12, 08:21

I just posted my first couple reviews. Check them out!! :) It was pretty fun!

http://steepster.com/Bowman

Feb 2nd, '12, 20:06

by Dinahsaur » Feb 2nd, '12, 20:06

I'm on Steepster as Dinahsaur. :)

Feb 4th, '12, 18:16

by AdamMY » Feb 4th, '12, 18:16

Just visited it again, seeing if I can get in the habit of using it.

Same name as here, "adammy"

Feb 5th, '12, 11:39
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Feb 5th, '12, 11:39

Spoonvonstup wrote:Same handle- Spoonvonstup.
It's part of the slippery slope phenomenon of tea. You start with a flavored tea, then you try the base tea on it's own.. then you see that someone who liked that tea also likes something called pu'er... and pretty soon you are building a pu'er cellar and a teahouse in the garden.
That's quite true. I've seen people shifting from flavored to tea to pure tea, but rarely see shifting in the other direction.

Interestingly, there have been quite a few discussions in the past weeks on steepsters about flavored vs. non-flavored tea. That may indicate the shifting. From the large number of flavored tea drinkers on steepster, I see a whole army of future non-flavored tea drinkers :D

Feb 5th, '12, 11:45
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Feb 5th, '12, 11:45

I'm gingko on steepster. I do tea log from time to time. To me, compared with blog writing, it's a nice way of low-stake writing. Compared with forum posting, it's more traceable. Usually I just put down whatever in my mind over a cup of tea, without worrying how presentable it is :mrgreen:

Also want to mention that I am gingko on teatra.de. It's not as crowded as steepster, but the site has quite a few creative and unique features that make me believe it's going to grow. :D

Feb 5th, '12, 13:05

by Lerxst2112 » Feb 5th, '12, 13:05

I am tea_monkey over there. While I like that the interface is pretty intuitive, my "loyalty" is here. Look forward to reading some reviews, though. :D

Peace, Love, and Tea
~Jess

+ Post Reply