Green Tea & tummy aches

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Nov 21st, '11, 06:29

Re: Green Tea & tummy aches

by Tead Off » Nov 21st, '11, 06:29

Chip wrote:
Tead Off wrote:Green tea is a known irritant to the stomach. It sounds like the OP has a sensitive stomach and should never take tea on an empty stomach. Many people have this reaction to green tea and don't have any problem with oolongs and blacks. But, it's probably best never to drink tea on an empty stomach. Same with coffee.
Heh, I must be from an alternate universe. Some blacks tear into my empty stomach such as Assam most noticeably and notably.

And greens especially Japanese seem to have helped my stomach issues I was having 5ish years ago.

It is funny how we are kinda wired/piped differently.
Yes. We are all different. Some people have no visible reaction to smoking cigarettes. Some people can take an enormous amount of alcohol abuse. Some people will run to the bathroom after drinking a cup of coffee.

We all have to listen to our own bodies. All of the things I mentioned have documented evidence of being irritants to the stomach. Some people are stronger than others. Usually people see negative signs after many years of use. The lucky ones can indulge themselves for a lifetime!

Feb 10th, '12, 00:59

by margauxmorgan » Feb 10th, '12, 00:59

Tead Off wrote:Yes. We are all different. Some people have no visible reaction to smoking cigarettes. Some people can take an enormous amount of alcohol abuse. Some people will run to the bathroom after drinking a cup of coffee.

We all have to listen to our own bodies. All of the things I mentioned have documented evidence of being irritants to the stomach. Some people are stronger than others. Usually people see negative signs after many years of use. The lucky ones can indulge themselves for a lifetime!
i would just like to quote this as it is a very good post :D

each and everyone is unique :)

Feb 29th, '12, 04:38

by Shihali » Feb 29th, '12, 04:38

I'm with Chip. Japanese-style greens settle my stomach when I'm having stomach problems -- although when my stomach problems are under control they can upset my stomach! That's when I think twice and reach for the oolong.

+ Post Reply