Mon/Sunday 2/13-19/12 is TeaDay, of course, but... how long?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

On average, how many minutes a day do you spend on TeaChat?

30-59
77%
60-119
7%
120-179
7%
180-239
3%
240 or more
3%
Too many to count!
3%

Total votes: 30

Feb 12th, '12, 20:56
Scrolling: scrolling

Mon/Sunday 2/13-19/12 is TeaDay, of course, but... how long?

by Chip » Feb 12th, '12, 20:56

Another TeaDay is upon us. I am really looking forward to hearing what everyone else is drinking throughout the day.

Again, welcome to TeaDay, come share your cup with everyone across the globe, literally. We have posters from Europe, Asia, North America, South America, Africa, Australia ,.. just Antartica to go! Any volunteers?

So tell us what you are sipping throughout the day, stop by often, see what everyone is is sipping. Feel free to post often. If you must reflect back on the day and post, please do. There are always tea drinkers tuned in here.

Newbies and Oldies and everyone in between, all are invited. We have been discussing our favorite teas of the month for January. Please continue to post and discuss this topic.

Today's TeaDay TeaPoll is a different angle about us and TeaChat. How long are you on TeaChat, on average, each day?Please share here as well. Also, why do you come to TeaChat. This could be interesting!!! And have your reasons changed over time???

Have a great TeaDay everyone and bottoms up!

Feb 13th, '12, 00:19

Re: Monday 2/13/12 is TeaDay, of course, but... how long?

by AdamMY » Feb 13th, '12, 00:19

Teachat is one of the sites I almost always have open. Current at 12:15 am before I go to bed I am having a Bourbon ( so definitely not a tea). Tomorrow I will go back to tea, it has been a weekend of coffee for me as I was at my parents. but the good news is I did pick up a teacup that was sent there, that I will be posting pictures of tomorrow.

Feb 13th, '12, 09:39

by nrstooge » Feb 13th, '12, 09:39

I always hop in first thing in the morning, during lunch at work, and again a time or 2 most evenings.

Loving my 1st Kyusu and now I'm off to go look for another one :D

Feb 13th, '12, 12:01

by JRS22 » Feb 13th, '12, 12:01

I check in at least once a day, but the truth is that I often spend less than 30 minutes a day.

Today I have a good problem. I began reorganizing my tea cabinets over the weekend to make space for the Seong-Il pot and serving vessel which I purchased from Tead Off. I discovered a sample of a rock oolong that EOT had included in my recent order. It's a 2011 Handmade Bu Zhi Chun Wuyi, and, just in time for Valentine's day, there's a new love in my life!

Feb 13th, '12, 12:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Lerxst2112 » Feb 13th, '12, 12:26

I'll pop in once or twice a week, as to be honest, I don't have much to comment on or say.

What's in my cup? At the moment, air. Came home from work this morning, and used the new gongfu set up for Dao Tea's Long Jing Style green, with very good results.

Thinking about how I want to try to dial in the 2009 Winter Harvested Shui Xian that I ordered, as it's right there but something is off. Don't know yet if it was the temperature, under-roasting, infusion time, or just frame of mind/bad day.

Feb 13th, '12, 13:41

by CupofTree » Feb 13th, '12, 13:41

30-59 mins
I like to browse the active topics throughout the workday and will sometimes read on a specific topic once I do a keyword search of whatever interests me that day.
I sometimes think of questions Id like to post a new thread about but I usually find answers by reading through past threads.

Today I'm drinking adagio Irish breakfast but am getting pretty tired of it actually, it loses it's appeal with each passing day... Must find something else.

Feb 14th, '12, 01:51

by SlientSipper » Feb 14th, '12, 01:51

Sorta like a proper tea time.
I'm never really in a rush and the can topics move at a rather slow pace.

Feb 14th, '12, 12:08

by debunix » Feb 14th, '12, 12:08

Sunday night I came down with a cold, so I've been downing tea almost non-stop, some comfort teas like SeaDyke Ti Kuan Yin, some herbal combinations (chamomile, gamro, hibiscus, rose hips), not much in the way of anything 'challenging'.

And I've probably been spending the usual amount of time on TeaChat: it's hard to quantify because, like many others, I keep a tab open on my web browser and pop back and forth from time to time when waiting for other things to load, while put on hold on the phone, or when drinking that first infusion of a fresh session to just enjoy with my tea.

Occasionally I go back to the start an old thread and track it up to the present.

Feb 15th, '12, 22:38

by AdamMY » Feb 15th, '12, 22:38

Unusual weekday Teaday for me, in the sense that I had 3 teas. Sencha Aoi, A Matcha (I am blanking on the name currently), and then some aged puerh.

Spent a good bit of time on Teachat also. Still not sure I could come up with an accurate time as to how long I spend on teachat today.

Feb 16th, '12, 01:45

by FlyedPiper » Feb 16th, '12, 01:45

I love the IM chat feature... it's like having tea with someone...

While I do that check out the TeaDay topic, then other stuff depending on what I'm drinking at the time.

Having a TGY sample from Jing today... very nice.

Feb 16th, '12, 10:45

by debunix » Feb 16th, '12, 10:45

STarting my teaDay with a few minutes on TeaChat, as I drink some BaiYun yunnan oolong from Norbu. It's from the thermos, but held nicely overnight, and nice to wake up to hot tea in bed. Colds have some advantages.

Feb 16th, '12, 14:49
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » Feb 16th, '12, 14:49

debunix wrote:STarting my teaDay with a few minutes on TeaChat, as I drink some BaiYun yunnan oolong from Norbu.
You just reminded me I need to have some more of my soon to be depleted (then refilled :mrgreen: ) jinxuan oolong. Though, I think I shall start TeaDay by trying to make a nice cup of a not so nice gyokuro.

Feb 16th, '12, 15:12

by oak » Feb 16th, '12, 15:12

Hello, in the morning I savoured a rich tea that my son brought me of Tanzania, it is sweet and soft. In the evening I have taken a Darjeeling, this tea has the property of the nose clearing up and in addition it is rich. There is curious and agreeable the quantity and quality of different teas that exists, truth?

Feb 19th, '12, 22:39

Re: Mon/Sunday 2/13-19/12 is TeaDay, of course, but... how long?

by BreatheEasy » Feb 19th, '12, 22:39

Some days I am on far more than others. Today is one of those days :mrgreen:

I just wanted to say as a newbie here on the site, that I really enjoy reading what you guys...and gals...have to say. I've learned quite a bit from the few weeks I've been checking the forums.

Ok so back to what's been in my cup today. Mostly light roasted Oolongs, and some Jasmine Green tea. I have a thing for jasmine :wink:
Also, just finished brewing some peach Oolong for my parents and my brother. Trying to get them a bit more into tea..