T-Oolong Tea Co.

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Feb 26th, '12, 21:36

Re: T-Oolong Tea Co.

by Tead Off » Feb 26th, '12, 21:36

The source for my info said this may be the last high elevation harvest from DYL and others. He said it looks like it is imminent. He is a tea seller and his business is all about selling these teas.

Feb 27th, '12, 14:47

by teaisme » Feb 27th, '12, 14:47

Revisiting the sun moon lake from this vendor

Last time it was pretty much lifeless to me, a one dimensional blandness in taste with a muted assamy aroma, this time around things are much different. The 10g sample that I was sent is pretty similar to what you would expect from a lot of sun moon lake ruby blacks. Good value for the price, and a good example of a sun moon lake ruby black.

For this particular one the bitterness is pretty controllable, durability is good for the style, body not overly thin, tastes and aromas all in line for me.

These recent samples that have been sent by t-oolong are noticeably better then my order a year and half ago. Maybe they are improving their sourcing?

Mar 9th, '12, 20:33
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Mar 9th, '12, 20:33

I want to mention that I bought a bunch of samples about 2 years ago with the rest of the teachat gang when somebody mentioned there was a good deal - whenever there is good discount, I would immediately jump in :oops:

But what I want to say is, I'm really impressed by their excellent customer service. A few weeks ago, they emailed me and said they learned from teachat that I wasn't satisfied with their products, and they would like to send me some more samples for free to let me try them again. I was surprised and told them that they probably thought of me as someone else, since I was happy with my purchase and there was no dissatisfaction at all. Later I thought probably they had learned there was somebody who didn't like the tea very well, and without knowing who is who, they just emailed to all the people who bought tea in that time period. Although I told them no apology or free samples necessary, a few weeks later I still got a small package of tea samples from them. I'm deeply impressed by this. After all, Taiwan is far away from the States, and it takes time and money to do this, probably for quite a few people. I think that's respectable effort a seller makes to ensure buyers' satisfaction.

Mar 9th, '12, 23:16

by Tead Off » Mar 9th, '12, 23:16

Good to know.

Mar 10th, '12, 00:24
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 10th, '12, 00:24

gingkoseto wrote:I want to mention that I bought a bunch of samples about 2 years ago with the rest of the teachat gang when somebody mentioned there was a good deal - whenever there is good discount, I would immediately jump in :oops:

But what I want to say is, I'm really impressed by their excellent customer service. A few weeks ago, they emailed me and said they learned from teachat that I wasn't satisfied with their products, and they would like to send me some more samples for free to let me try them again. I was surprised and told them that they probably thought of me as someone else, since I was happy with my purchase and there was no dissatisfaction at all. Later I thought probably they had learned there was somebody who didn't like the tea very well, and without knowing who is who, they just emailed to all the people who bought tea in that time period. Although I told them no apology or free samples necessary, a few weeks later I still got a small package of tea samples from them. I'm deeply impressed by this. After all, Taiwan is far away from the States, and it takes time and money to do this, probably for quite a few people. I think that's respectable effort a seller makes to ensure buyers' satisfaction.
Yes, they have been reading TeaChat. In fact they contacted me (as moderator) as well. They are concerned about past problems and are working hard to improve their sourcing, etc. In fact, they offered me samples as well. :mrgreen:

Mar 12th, '12, 15:10

by teaisme » Mar 12th, '12, 15:10

Maybe my old comment after hondas was the cause of all of this...?
Sorry I just felt that a new member posting rave reviews was a little suspicious esp since my viewpoints of that vendor did not align at all from previous experiences.

I did receive a number of free samples from them. And have finished tasting them all (6 10g samples). Overall it's almost like a new vendor to me. The lishan jinxuan was good for price. So was the sun moon lake black.

The lishan tian fu was very interesting. It shifted flavours quit a lot from infusion to infusion. Was a very light and captivating tea. Countless different notes of this and that. I prefer slightly higher oxidised green oolongs though so not up my alley, but worth a try if you enjoy really light green oolong with interesting flavour shifts and more subtle complexity. Perhaps I would have been more receptive of this tea during late spring.

So again, thank you kevin for the great customer service, your tireless efforts to improve, and in helping me reshape my views of t-oolong.

Mar 16th, '12, 02:42

by Oni » Mar 16th, '12, 02:42

Most of the teas at T-oolong are out of stock, so they sell tea. We need to wait for the spring harvest to finish to try out their teas, I will buy from them, now that it has got my attention.

Mar 16th, '12, 12:33
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » Mar 16th, '12, 12:33

Chip wrote:
gingkoseto wrote:I want to mention that I bought a bunch of samples about 2 years ago with the rest of the teachat gang when somebody mentioned there was a good deal - whenever there is good discount, I would immediately jump in :oops:

Yes, they have been reading TeaChat. In fact they contacted me (as moderator) as well. They are concerned about past problems and are working hard to improve their sourcing, etc. In fact, they offered me samples as well. :mrgreen:
:shock: That is the most impressive customer's service I've ever heard of, anywhere!!

Mar 19th, '12, 21:46

by Tead Off » Mar 19th, '12, 21:46

outline wrote:Winter harvest is never as strong as spring or fall when it comes to Li Shan. Had a great tea session with 09 spring Teahome Li Shan (keep it in vaccum storage) good stuff!
From Teafromtaiwan: :Winter tea is considered to be the best tea of the year followed closely by spring tea. Except for Bai Hao tea, the oolong teas carried by Tea from Taiwan are exclusively spring and winter teas. Bai Hao is not a high-mountain tea and is only produced in the summer."

Sometimes this can be reversed according to the weather conditions, I think. But, many people believe the winter teas are better from Taiwan.

Apr 22nd, '12, 03:58

T-Oolong Tea Co./Long Feng Xia

by Tead Off » Apr 22nd, '12, 03:58

Because of the good press others have given T-Oolong, I put a small order in and it arrived the other day. Several samples were put into the box, unrequested. Nice touch. I wish all vendors would follow this practice as it is a very good way to stimulate more business and create more enthusiasm.

One of the teas I ordered was Long Feng Xia, grown in the Shan Lin Xi area of Nantou County. This one, grown at 1700m, handpicked & crafted, proved to be an excellent tea. Compared to the offering from Teafromtaiwan, the only other LFX I've had and one of my favorite teas, it stood up well to, and might be an even deeper tea. TFT's is grown at 1750m, not much difference in altitude, yet the tastes are different. Plus, T-Oolong's is less expensive. Both are winter 2011 and even the packaging looks very similar in their vacuum packed foil bags. So, why are they different? Different farms, different processor. T-oolong's leaves are darker and have more smaller clusters than TFT. Maybe more oxidized. Neither are roasted. TFT's flavor is more floral, fruity. T-oolong's more vegetal with a floral edge, bigger huigan. Thumbs up for me!

Apr 25th, '12, 02:46

Re: T-Oolong Tea Co./Medium Roasted Dong Ding

by Tead Off » Apr 25th, '12, 02:46

A winter 2011 Lugu, Nantou, Dong Ding. Brewed both in a gaiwan and red clay teapot, the tea's roasted quality seemed to overwhelm the flavor for several brews. When this subsided, only a faint fruity, sweet, flavor came through although the aroma far outshined the flavor. This tea left me quite cold. Dong Ding is not a favorite of mine but I enjoy a good one and I find it very difficult to find a good one these days. The Ming Xiang from TFT is far and away on a different level. Full of flavor and unroasted. Hojo's was also better, IMO, but still not as deep as TFT's. Anyone know where there is a superb roasted Dong Ding?

May 8th, '12, 20:32
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » May 8th, '12, 20:32

Looks like their pre-order of Spring 2012 Award Winning competition oolongs has started.

Aug 16th, '12, 09:58

by Oni » Aug 16th, '12, 09:58

I have bought Da Yu Ling 105k and veteran farm DYL, I am very anxious and eager to try them, I think next week it will arrive, I ordered via express mail. I will post reviews as soon as I taste them.

Aug 16th, '12, 15:51
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » Aug 16th, '12, 15:51

Oni wrote:I have bought Da Yu Ling 105k and veteran farm DYL, I am very anxious and eager to try them, I think next week it will arrive, I ordered via express mail. I will post reviews as soon as I taste them.
:X...!@#$.... :shock: :shock: :shock: ....!@#$.....*intercepts Oni's tea and disappears

Aug 17th, '12, 03:58

by Oni » Aug 17th, '12, 03:58

Eversince I heard that da yu ling teafarms are in danger, I am really sad that they might become the victims of realestate developement, it would be a shame to loose such a great plantation. It should be protected as Unesco world heritage, and I think all great traditional tea plantations should be protected as world heritage sites, so that they cannot be endagered by big companies.

+ Post Reply