The New TeaDay, Thursday 3/1/12 TeaBear?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

The question is, what tea do you think they served "him?" Or what tea did they offer to "him?"

Surely a black
No votes
Likely oolong
No votes
Clearly green
7%
White out
7%
Something herbal
14%
Something flavored
No votes
Yerbaaaaa ...
No votes
They obviously forgot to offer tea!!!!
50%
Other
21%

Total votes: 14

Mar 1st, '12, 12:02
Scrolling: scrolling

The New TeaDay, Thursday 3/1/12 TeaBear?

by Chip » Mar 1st, '12, 12:02

Welcome to Thursday TeaDay. Also a new beginning for TeaDay.

Thing with the new TeaDay, you never know what will happen. Like today ... but most days it will have a tea twist even when bordering on the absurd.

Soooo, bear with me ... :wink:

http://youtu.be/7QAh5YQgrXs

The question is, what tea do you think they served "him?" Or what tea did they offer to "him?"

And have fun, it is TeaDay!!!
:mrgreen:

Mar 1st, '12, 12:04

Re: The New TeaDay, Thursday 3/1/12 TeaBear?

by Chip » Mar 1st, '12, 12:04

You can always share what is in your cup here with us! Photos are always welcome.

And you can also share what is in your cup under specific forums of TeaChat!

Black tea http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14389

Oolong http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11862

Green http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14327

White/Yellow http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15673

Pu-erh http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7045

Other Tea-Type forums of TeaChat do not have a what are you drinking topic ...

Mar 1st, '12, 16:46

by teaisme » Mar 1st, '12, 16:46

here kitty kitty kitty want some tea?

Today some Miyazaki Oolong-Black Sakimidori from yuuki.
Interesting stuff, reminds me of a cross between a yixing hong cha and a darjeeling second flush. First couple infusions had a real sharpness, but it's a good sharpness that goes away very fast after it jolts you to attention. Gets very sweet when cooled to warm temp. A nice fruity chocolaty coconutty aroma in the liquor and wet leaf. I enjoy the fact that it shares many darjeeling characteristics but has more the gentleness of a yixing red.

Tea has a really heating effect on me and a couple of others who have tried it. First time I brewed it I broke out into a good sweat. Very controlled bitterness, almost none at all. Holding up well so far, going onto infusion 4 and will brew this as the last slightly longer infusion. Didn't expect its flavour to endure as well as it did throughout infusions. Twisting is very loose so it opens up and releases very fast. I was surprised to see my teapot almost fully expanded with leaf by the beginning of the second infusion.

A very welcomed addition to their lineup. :mrgreen:
Last edited by teaisme on Mar 1st, '12, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

Mar 1st, '12, 17:09

by AdamMY » Mar 1st, '12, 17:09

I went with other. I think someone was boiling some salmon for a snack, and he wanted the "salmon tea." :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Mar 1st, '12, 21:47

by debunix » Mar 1st, '12, 21:47

Being a bear of very little manners, he wanted the not-so-fine young puerh with the still powerful earthy aroma of rotten fish. He really was about as polite in letting them know of his preference as large grizzlies ever have to be.

Mar 1st, '12, 23:53

by Chip » Mar 1st, '12, 23:53

debunix wrote:Being a bear of very little manners, he wanted the not-so-fine young puerh with the still powerful earthy aroma of rotten fish. He really was about as polite in letting them know of his preference as large grizzlies ever have to be.
:lol:

I thought he was smelling the dry Yutaka Midori leaves warming in the preheated "camping kyusu" (you have one of these, right?) ... they say bears can smell for miles. You can tell the moment the leaves were dumped into the kyusu ... that abrupt about face and coming running.

All things considered, he was indeed being very polite.

In his honor ... YM this morn with a grizzly Mrs. and Gyokuro Gyoko-Hou this after ... both from O-Cha for a great TeaDay

Mar 2nd, '12, 09:28

by artmom » Mar 2nd, '12, 09:28

How about Beef tea? :twisted: :lol:

Lyn

Mar 2nd, '12, 12:47

by brlarson » Mar 2nd, '12, 12:47

Have you heard any variations of the bear attack joke?
``We advise that outdoorsmen wear noisy little bells on their clothing so as not to startle bears. We also advise outdoorsmen to carry pepper spray with them in case of an encounter with a bear....

Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between Black Bear and Grizzly Bear droppings. Black bear droppings are smaller and contain lots of berries and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear droppings have little bells in it and smell like pepper.''

Jing Gao Cong shui xian this morning with Sugimoto's 88 nights shincha with lunch.

Mar 3rd, '12, 01:20

by debunix » Mar 3rd, '12, 01:20

Started the day with a batch of Xue Dian Mei Lan, the oolong-ish green tea from Yunnan, then on to some Alishan oolong for the afternoon. Now trying to get through some paperwork with a bit of Gui Zhu Zi Sun green tea--altogether a very Norbu day.

No bears charging my tea thermos or tea cups today, but boss's not-quite-grizzly gruffness was nicely placated a bit with some of the Ali Shan.

Mar 3rd, '12, 06:32
Vendor Member

by Xell » Mar 3rd, '12, 06:32

Today i prepared cup of... instant coffee, wonder why i remembered a moment from Monty Python videos - nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition? :lol:

Anyway, it's getting warmer, new season closer, can't wait already to get my hands on some of 88 nights shincha :)