Green Tea From Laos

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Mar 15th, '12, 16:19

Green Tea From Laos

by AlexZorach » Mar 15th, '12, 16:19

Someone once brought me back some green tea from Laos. It was unlabelled with any sort of brand name or origin. It was outstanding, and similar in character to green teas I've tried from Thailand and Vietnam. I've never seen any green teas produced in Laos on the market in the US.

Has anyone tried any green tea from Laos? Does anyone know how / where one can obtain any?

Mar 16th, '12, 18:02

Re: Green Tea From Laos

by teaisme » Mar 16th, '12, 18:02

Mattchas blog as a 4 or 6 part segment on his trip to loas. On one of the posts in the comments section there is contact info for a couple of people who can point you in the right direction. The second contact seemed very helpful for you.
In another one of the posts there are two links to two companies. First link is dead. Did not try the second link because I could not find the page again yesterday :lol:

Sorry can't be more specific it's time for me to get off work and I need to use the bathroom real bad :lol:

Mar 17th, '12, 01:18

Re: Green Tea From Laos

by Tead Off » Mar 17th, '12, 01:18

AlexZorach wrote:Someone once brought me back some green tea from Laos. It was unlabelled with any sort of brand name or origin. It was outstanding, and similar in character to green teas I've tried from Thailand and Vietnam. I've never seen any green teas produced in Laos on the market in the US.

Has anyone tried any green tea from Laos? Does anyone know how / where one can obtain any?
I have had several. Perhaps under hypnosis, I could be made to remember any of them. :D
I've had some green tea from Northern Thailand and Burma, Shan State, that were drinkable and pleasant, but honestly, I wouldn't search them out especially if you've been exposed to good Chinese/Japanese/Korean green teas. They are just not in the same league. But, they are very inexpensive.

+ Post Reply