Greetings from St. Louis!

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Mar 21st, '12, 14:54

Greetings from St. Louis!

by AvalonAuggie » Mar 21st, '12, 14:54

Hello everyone! After lurking and browsing this board for a while to get tea recommendations, I finally decided I should introduce myself!

I'm Auggie, I've been drinking tea for about as long as I can remember, but only drinking *good* tea for I'd say...the past five years. I'm a complete sucker for most oolongs, and I'm getting more of a taste lately for green and puerh, but I still cannot start a workday without a good strong English cuppa (whole milk and honey) at breakfast. :)

I hope to learn a lot more from everyone here, and hopefully I can expand my tea horizons without getting completely overwhelmed and ending up buried alive in tins of tea!

Mar 21st, '12, 15:12
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Greetings from St. Louis!

by Chip » Mar 21st, '12, 15:12

AvalonAuggie wrote:... hopefully I can expand my tea horizons without getting completely overwhelmed and ending up buried alive in tins of tea!
... or teaware!!! We can arrange this as well. :mrgreen:

Welcome to TeaChat. I am looking forward to seeing you around the forum!

Have a great TeaDay. :idea:

Mar 21st, '12, 15:31

Re: Greetings from St. Louis!

by teaisme » Mar 21st, '12, 15:31

hello there welcome !

I enjoy milk in my tea too sometimes. This concoction right here that I make can sustain me for nearly the whole day with no food until it starts to get dark.

Whole organic milk, little butter and salt, generous chamomile, , lapsang and masala chai brewed really strong, 1/2 teaspoon lemongrass, honey.

Almost 1/2 the drink is milk. I brew the tea and lemongrass and chamomile together. Pour warmed milk into a cup, mix in honey, butter, and salt, then pour this over the tea. I think some ground sesame seeds would be a good addition too.

Hope to see you around :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply