Teaware SO SUGGESTION topic

Artisan Teaware Special Offer Program

Sep 14th, '11, 16:09

Re: Teaware SO SUGGESTION topic

by demonyc » Sep 14th, '11, 16:09

hopeofdawn wrote:
Chip wrote:
hopeofdawn wrote:Would love to see a SO for some of the more unique/harder to find teaware out there--houhin, shiboridashi, banko and the like.
Shiboridashi coming up! :mrgreen:

So a Yixing SO around what size?
I'm not sure if I have a preference for an exact size in mL, but in general I tend to think smaller would be better--one-person sized teapots are the ones I use daily at home, while the bigger ones just sit around more often than not, gathering dust until I have company. :(
I completely agree. Thinking a smaller size around 110-140 mL would be close to perfect. I am currently searching for a new pot, and I think a Yixing SO would be egg-salent~!

Oct 9th, '11, 19:30

by Cole » Oct 9th, '11, 19:30

Would love a shiboridashi or nice small-ish (150-300ml) yixing pot to go with my kyusus and houhin. Now that I'm getting more and more interested in puerh and oolong, I should probably start seasoning some clay :lol:

Oct 17th, '11, 18:25
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 17th, '11, 18:25

Cole wrote:Would love a shiboridashi or nice small-ish (150-300ml) yixing pot to go with my kyusus and houhin. Now that I'm getting more and more interested in puerh and oolong, I should probably start seasoning some clay :lol:
We just did a shiboridashi with Petr. Hopefully another one in the future!

Yixing is a bit more of a challenge. Every group buy for Yixing I have ever seen ended up imploding before the order process. There are obvious reasons for this, first of all it is hard to get everyone to agree on clays, styles, sizes, price points, etc. Yixing buyers are extremely exacting in what they want, understandably so.

Nevertheless, I would like to try this with TeaChatters. But if you are in a rush ... welllll, just do not hold your breath! :lol:

Oct 17th, '11, 18:30
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Oct 17th, '11, 18:30

I am considering a series of Japanese Gyokuro cups, likely 3 different SOs ... :?: :idea: :!: :arrow: :mrgreen:

Oct 18th, '11, 03:10

by Jayaratna » Oct 18th, '11, 03:10

Dear teachatters,

I have been shy in replying to this topic because I am not exactly sure others would be interested in this.

What about a Ryoro and Kettle? Probably it is not something we would use everyday, but still it is very hard to find a nice one.

On the other hand one of the items I am still looking for is a vessel for storing water (dreaming about a bizen ~8 liters vessel). But probably this one too is not too easy for a SO :(

Well, it's just about throwing in some ideas, right? :oops:
Good teaday to everybody.
A

Mar 24th, '12, 10:46

by David R. » Mar 24th, '12, 10:46

I'd love to see something happening with the young and as far as I am concerned very promising potter Shinya Shibahara from Genzui kiln.

Some work of his can be seen here on Magokorodo's eBay shop.

Mar 24th, '12, 16:50

by debunix » Mar 24th, '12, 16:50

I've been enjoying looking at this work as well.

Mar 25th, '12, 01:56

by demonyc » Mar 25th, '12, 01:56

David R. wrote:I'd love to see something happening with the young and as far as I am concerned very promising potter Shinya Shibahara from Genzui kiln.

Some work of his can be seen here on Magokorodo's eBay shop.
Wow! He really does look talented. :) I think I would enjoy seeing what he has to offer.

+ Post Reply