Evening Tea?

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Evening Tea?

Postby J4z » Dec 11th, '07, 00:49

I was thinking tonight, over my evening cup of rooibos, about evening teas. I searched the posts to see if I could find a specific post about what people are drinking in the evening, and I did not find anything specific.

So here are my questions and hopefully this will lead to a good post about different teas/herbal infusions. In the end I hope it will become a nice reference post for others to look in on when deciding on a tea to drink in the evening.

In the evening I enjoy a nice herbal/low caffeine tea. I recently have been drinking a rooibos blend from Harney and Sons teas called African Autum. Its nice and has a relaxing smooth citrus flavor that goes great with a drop of honey.

how about you? what do you drink to wind down your day?

What do you drink to rock the night away (assuming you want to stay up all night and feel your hair grow, and NOT drink Red Bull)?

=D

The floor is yours...
J4z

Re: Evening Tea?

Postby Space Samurai » Dec 11th, '07, 02:04

J4z wrote: what do you drink to wind down your day?

Two or three bowls of matcha, maybe a cup or two of dian hong, or a session of 3-5 cups of sencha or kukicha. Maybe all of that together. :twisted:
Space Samurai

Postby Chip » Dec 11th, '07, 02:32

A karigane or kukicha is a low caffeine alternative to sencha...since I crave sencha all the time.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby skywarrior » Dec 11th, '07, 02:45

Honestly, I can drink a full pot of tea and go to sleep. Yeah, I'm that used to caffeine. :shock:

Lately, my stomach has been getting a little sour on it, so I figure drinking greens, herbals and oolongs might work after 8 pm. Still drinking black tea, though. :roll:
skywarrior

Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

Postby J4z » Dec 11th, '07, 10:31

This is great!

a full pot of black before bed would have me bouncing off the walls :shock:

anyone else want to throw their two cents in?
J4z

Postby CynTEAa » Dec 11th, '07, 10:36

A full pot of black tea before bed would have me bouncing as well!

I like rooibos orange or peach in the evening. Very soothing! This time of year something with a little spice is nice as well, such as rooibos vanilla with some ginger and cinnamon tossed in. :)
CynTEAa

Postby xine » Dec 11th, '07, 10:47

I too am sensitive to caffeine...so nighttime tea is usually Adagio's Foxtrot blend of peppermint, chamomile, and rooibos or rooibos vanilla. I also have another rooibos blend by Tay Teas, called Day in Provence- rooibos, rose petals, and dried currant. I only have a small cup or if it's early enough something larger, otherwise it is bathroom breaks all night long :shock:
xine

Speaking of evening tea

Postby CynTEAa » Dec 11th, '07, 11:03

Does anyone else have celestial event interests?

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/geminid_meteors_021206.html

What tea goes well with meteor showers? :)
CynTEAa

Postby Mary R » Dec 11th, '07, 11:09

Hm...on the off chance that Indiana actually has a clear sky then, I'll have to check it out.

This tea might be a good choice (for novelty's sake alone...I can't imagine a white/black blend being excellent).
Last edited by Mary R on Dec 11th, '07, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
Mary R

Postby scruffmcgruff » Dec 11th, '07, 11:10

You practically said it yourself: celestial seasonings!

Kidding, kidding. Perhaps bei dou (big dipper/ north star, i've seen both translations) Wuyi yancha?
scruffmcgruff

Postby CynTEAa » Dec 11th, '07, 12:03

Hehe...I was tempted to put "Celestial" in the subject field just for the fun of it.

I have had a very nice Earl Grey with Silver Needle blended into it, which added a nice complexity, so the Starry Night does sounds interesting! (Plus it makes me think of Van Gogh).

:)
CynTEAa

Postby Trey Winston » Dec 12th, '07, 07:18

For watching Geminids, I would suggest sencha - you want to stay awake to see them all, right? At least, that's what I'm planning - watching the wonders of the universe and enjoying a slight caffeine buzz.

Now, for Leonids, it's an entirely different matter...
Trey Winston

Instant Messenger

Permissions