Foreign Objects in Tea

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Apr 7th, '12, 21:34
Scrolling: fixed

Foreign Objects in Tea

by TomVerlain » Apr 7th, '12, 21:34

I did a search and did not see a specific topic on this, so I thought I'd start one.

Found this in a brick of unknown age Puerh. Perhaps it is a rare and exotic feathered dinosaur fossil from china. I should really call Weekly World News about it, but I figured I'd post it here first.

Apr 7th, '12, 22:25

Re: Foreign Objects in Tea

by Poohblah » Apr 7th, '12, 22:25

You must have pu of a spectacular vintage if there is a dinosaur feather fossilized inside it :)

I'm sure there's a topic about this somewhere. I've read about bugs and cigarette butts in pu on this forum before.

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 5&p=156198

It's nothing to write home about - tea is a natural product, and the leaves are often withered in the open air. Naturally, one can't expect the tea to be 100% pure tea leaf.

Apr 8th, '12, 03:19

by tst » Apr 8th, '12, 03:19

Funny this thread should pop up.

I recently purchased a pretty good sized sample of a cake that had copious amounts of curly, white, human hair in it (are Chinese known for having curly hair?). The hairs were pressed into the chunks of cake sent in the sample.

I found some of the old threads discussing finding surprises in puerh ... one person said they found a hair. Like, one single hair.

Mine had so much, I was like, "Where's the brush?".

Maybe I'll get around to posting pics.

Apr 8th, '12, 04:43

by auhckw » Apr 8th, '12, 04:43

Mine was a pretty lady's hair pin
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=171921

Apr 8th, '12, 20:50

by hop_goblin » Apr 8th, '12, 20:50

Wow, I have never found a feather! I have found seeds, paper, platics, and on one occasion possibly a finger nail. Underscores the reason why we rinse the tea first.

Apr 9th, '12, 16:07

by teaisme » Apr 9th, '12, 16:07

I wish I was as lucky as you all :D

All I've found so far is a tiny rock in a yiwu sheng sample and a single hair a couple of other times (I usually inspect the loose leaf thoroughly on a plate after brewing for all my teas)

Honestly one of the reasons why I haven't ventured into shou yet is because of threads like this, of course I'm not saying this is a bad thread, its a good one!

May 6th, '12, 19:12

by G-off-re » May 6th, '12, 19:12

Just found a 2'' noodle in some early 90's cake. I thought it was a worm at first. Yum

May 6th, '12, 21:54
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » May 6th, '12, 21:54

My two most notable finds were a large wasp wing and a circular rock pellet.

Also, I recently had a brick with a neifei that had a large cartoon pig face stamped on it.

May 6th, '12, 23:48

by tingjunkie » May 6th, '12, 23:48

teaisme wrote:I usually inspect the loose leaf thoroughly on a plate after brewing for all my teas
AFTER!?! If we're talking shu, what good can come of that? Either inspect before, or... ignorance is bliss. :lol:

I once found a Han Solo action figure pressed in a tea brick. http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_ima ... olo-sq.jpg

May 7th, '12, 00:41

by pgho » May 7th, '12, 00:41

tingjunkie wrote:AFTER!?! If we're talking shu, what good can come of that? Either inspect before, or... ignorance is bliss. :lol:
+1

tingjunkie wrote:I once found a Han Solo action figure pressed in a tea brick. http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_ima ... olo-sq.jpg
Wow, you are so lucky ... that surely is a rare find. :mrgreen:

May 7th, '12, 01:36

by bagua7 » May 7th, '12, 01:36

hop_goblin wrote:Underscores the reason why we rinse the tea first.
?? To soften the alien "creatures" a bit, I suppose. :lol:

May 7th, '12, 02:52

by teaisme » May 7th, '12, 02:52

pgho wrote:tingjunkie wrote:AFTER!?! If we're talking shu, what good can come of that? Either inspect before, or... ignorance is bliss. :lol:
Well I don't drink shu, and why not inspect after? If its sketchy that gives me more reason not to drink it again in the future...

but yeah I agree, ignorance is bliss... until you know you are being ignorant...then you just feel stupid :wink:

May 7th, '12, 06:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » May 7th, '12, 06:39

tingjunkie wrote:I once found a Han Solo action figure pressed in a tea brick. http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_ima ... olo-sq.jpg
:lol:

With that tight compression, must have been a xiaguan brick...

May 7th, '12, 17:44

by tingjunkie » May 7th, '12, 17:44

teaisme wrote:
pgho wrote:tingjunkie wrote:AFTER!?! If we're talking shu, what good can come of that? Either inspect before, or... ignorance is bliss. :lol:
Well I don't drink shu, and why not inspect after? If its sketchy that gives me more reason not to drink it again in the future...
If it's sketchy, and you inspect before, then you don't have to drink it in the first place. Logic FTW! :wink:

May 7th, '12, 17:47

by tingjunkie » May 7th, '12, 17:47

Drax wrote:

With that tight compression, must have been a xiaguan brick...

I would totally pay decent money for a super densely pressed tea brick in the shape of Han frozen in carbonite! Coins? Dragons? Who cares?

+ Post Reply