Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud


Artisans share their TeawareArt.

Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby Chip » Mar 31st, '12, 00:53

I think that is a realllly freakin' kool kyusu! 8)
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22207
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby iannon » Mar 31st, '12, 01:29

Chip wrote:I think that is a realllly freakin' kool kyusu! 8)

+1..i was just thinking that myself!
User avatar
iannon
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Dec 30th, '
Location: The foot of the great Smoky Mountains

Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby Petr Novák » Mar 31st, '12, 01:58

Hm,nice one, I like it too. What is the size, Adrzej?

Petr
User avatar
Petr Novák
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Feb 19th, '

Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby debunix » Mar 31st, '12, 02:18

Very cool indeed.
User avatar
debunix
 
Posts: 5129
Joined: Jan 10th, '
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby andrzej bero » Mar 31st, '12, 14:36

Thank you very much guys:)
Petr Novák wrote:What is the size, Adrzej?

really "freakin'huge" - 300ml
best
andrzej
User avatar
andrzej bero
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Jan 4th, '1
Location: Warsaw, PL, EU


Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby Chip » Apr 12th, '12, 15:30

Very cool Andrzej!

Despite the fact that natsume are for matcha/Japanese Tea Ceremony, I have been breaking the rules lately. I purchased several vintage Makie Natsume from Japan but they sat idle. I deceided, why not use them for sencha just like for matcha. I put the amount of one session of sencha in the natsume which then sits on the tea table as I prepare water, pot, cups, etc.

When the water is the right temp, I simply dump directly from the natsume into the preheated kyusu.

The natsume are happy to be used and I am happy to see them used every day!

Point is, your "natsume?" would also be great for daily sencha! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Chip
Mod/Admin
 
Posts: 22207
Joined: Apr 22nd, '
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby Mrs. Chip » Apr 12th, '12, 16:41

Chip wrote:Very cool Andrzej!

Despite the fact that natsume are for matcha/Japanese Tea Ceremony, I have been breaking the rules lately. I purchased several vintage Makie Natsume from Japan but they sat idle. I decided, why not use them for sencha just like for matcha. I put the amount of one session of sencha in the natsume which then sits on the tea table as I prepare water, pot, cups, etc.

When the water is the right temp, I simply dump directly from the natsume into the preheated kyusu.

The natsume are happy to be used and I am happy to see them used every day!

Point is, your "natsume?" would also be great for daily sencha! :mrgreen:

+1!

Love your wares Andre! 8)
User avatar
Mrs. Chip
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 27th, '

Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby andrzej bero » Apr 12th, '12, 17:16

Dear Chip and Mrs. Chip (thanks, and nice to meet You)
I very like your point of view. In fact I did not think about my "natsume" as a kind of transmitter of right amount of sencha into a teapot. But I like this idea. Very elegant.
If not for matcha I was thinking rather about one as a caddy for some left tea from a big packages. Into this caddy you can put for example 40g Huangshan Maofeng:)
best
a,
User avatar
andrzej bero
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Jan 4th, '1
Location: Warsaw, PL, EU

Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby JBaymore » Apr 12th, '12, 17:20

Chip wrote:Despite the fact that natsume are for matcha/Japanese Tea Ceremony, I have been breaking the rules lately.


The TeaPolice will be arriving at your home shortly. :twisted: :wink:

best,

.................john
User avatar
JBaymore
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Sep 15th, '
Location: Wilton, New Hampshire USA

Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby debunix » Apr 12th, '12, 19:35

I have been using some tiny plastic bowls for measuring my morning sencha. This would be much nicer....and an excuse to buy another pretty piece of artisan tea ware.
User avatar
debunix
 
Posts: 5129
Joined: Jan 10th, '
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby paul haigh » Apr 17th, '12, 10:13

andrzej bero wrote:... and a teapot itself


Plenty to contemplate in this piece. Very nice
User avatar
paul haigh
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Apr 4th, '1
Location: Londonderry, NH

Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby andrzej bero » Apr 18th, '12, 17:48

JBaymore wrote:
Chip wrote:Despite the fact that natsume are for matcha/Japanese Tea Ceremony, I have been breaking the rules lately.


The TeaPolice will be arriving at your home shortly. :twisted: :wink:

best,

.................john

John, thanks for your awareness!:)


debunix wrote: This would be much nicer....and an excuse to buy another pretty piece of artisan tea ware.

Debunix, do not be afraid of this voice inside you cring for some more beauty;) ... "plastic bowls" - disgusting!;) ... and seriously - thank you

paul haigh wrote: Plenty to contemplate in this piece. Very nice

Paul, good words from another potter is counting twice:) thanks a lot


And Now for Something Completely Different ... new clay checked in single firing with different glazes
Attachments
wDSC_7167.jpg
wDSC_7167.jpg (73.85 KiB) Viewed 1651 times
User avatar
andrzej bero
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Jan 4th, '1
Location: Warsaw, PL, EU

Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby debunix » Apr 18th, '12, 17:53

Is the one on the left unglazed?

Beautiful pots.
User avatar
debunix
 
Posts: 5129
Joined: Jan 10th, '
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Andrzej Bero - Journey through the Mud

Postby andrzej bero » Apr 18th, '12, 17:59

debunix wrote:Is the one on the left unglazed?

Beautiful pots.


Yes, pure clay. Nice you like them. More shots: http://aneybo.blogspot.com/2012/04/cztery-nowe.html
best
andrzej
User avatar
andrzej bero
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Jan 4th, '1
Location: Warsaw, PL, EU

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation