Compare

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Apr 21st, '12, 04:57

Compare

by chado.my.teaway » Apr 21st, '12, 04:57

Hi! I have to ask.

Charcoal Roasted Gan De Village Tie Guan Yin * Autumn 2011

Autumn Tie Guan Yin from Gan De village in Anxi county was carefully picked and then roasted by hand over pine wood charcoal. The process is repeated many times until the tea has been heavily roasted and becomes almost black in color. The result is a highly aromatic tea that can be infused more than 10 times without losing much flavor. The tea soup is a bright red color and the taste is sweet and full with kind of chocolatey after-finish.

Slimming Tea Superior Lipid-Cutting Black Oolong tea Resist Fat Ric...

Black oolong tea is purely natural green food. It adopts natural oolong leaves from mountains of over 1200-meter elevation in Anxi. It is crushed and compressed by hand, and finely baked with slow charcoal fire. It has the most content of tea poly-phenol among all oolong teas.

Is it the same tea in a different way called?

The best-beauty recommend that I brew at 70 degrees - not too low on the oolong??

Someone knows and drink?

I wonder if this is not the case way to sell, bad oolong, roasted them sharply, trying to imitate the noble strongly oxidized oolong.

Apr 21st, '12, 10:06
Vendor Member

Re: Compare

by gingkoseto » Apr 21st, '12, 10:06

I've found the contrast very interesting in a way that between the two, the first product title indicates higher value among tea drinkers, and the second product title may attempt to indicate higher value among general public :mrgreen:

Apr 22nd, '12, 00:38

by bagua7 » Apr 22nd, '12, 00:38

Nicely put gingko. I have also experienced the same thing between the following two:

http://jkteashop.com/2009-spring-highro ... Path=62_92 (100g @ $14 USD)

&

http://teamasters.blogspot.com.au/2010/ ... n-yin.html (100g @ $25 USD)

The difference in price is not a big deal but the way the product is presented...well, both the presentation and words clearly speak for themselves. However, I found JK Teashop's offering slightly a better tea. :roll:

Apr 22nd, '12, 02:58

by chado.my.teaway » Apr 22nd, '12, 02:58

Can U write something about taste? And brew technique?

Apr 22nd, '12, 04:24

by Tead Off » Apr 22nd, '12, 04:24

bagua7 wrote:Nicely put gingko. I have also experienced the same thing between the following two:

http://jkteashop.com/2009-spring-highro ... Path=62_92 (100g @ $14 USD)

&

http://teamasters.blogspot.com.au/2010/ ... n-yin.html (100g @ $25 USD)

The difference in price is not a big deal but the way the product is presented...well, both the presentation and words clearly speak for themselves. However, I found JK Teashop's offering slightly a better tea. :roll:
Have you bought any other teas from this vendor? How is the quality?

Apr 22nd, '12, 18:17

by bagua7 » Apr 22nd, '12, 18:17

Taste:

1. Tea Masters. Definitively more roasted and warming tea.
2. JK Tea Shop. Less intense in terms of roasting level but more subtle around the edges. What is surprised me is the gan was more lasting and noticeable.

In both instances the tones were: honey, dried plum and a light touch of cinnamon.

Brewing technique:

1. TM. 90mL tall lu ni pot, high fired.
2. JKTS. 120mL round zi ni pot, medium fired.

Short steeps (1/2s for the first 4-5 brews), and then slow increments to a total of 25s or so for the final brews. All up between 15-20 brews. But all these numbers are kind of a rough guideline as I don't really like counting when I drink tea, just enjoy the moment.

I have purchased dan cong from this vendor in the past (mi lan xiang) and for the price it was surprisingly good as well, but I only purchased a small quantity (15g @ $6 USD).

+ Post Reply