What Pu did I just buy?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Apr 23rd, '12, 08:38
Vendor Member

Re: What Pu did I just buy?

by SilentChaos » Apr 23rd, '12, 08:38

:D Mystery solved then :!:
Mind if I ask if you know this just from experience or from some source of info? If the latter, care to share? :D

Apr 23rd, '12, 12:45

by sp1key » Apr 23rd, '12, 12:45

SilentChaos wrote::D Mystery solved then :!:
Mind if I ask if you know this just from experience or from some source of info? If the latter, care to share? :D
From experience but it's no big deal. As in there are many people out there who could differentiate this. At least the price isn't a rip off but you'll be real lucky if it turns out to be something worth drinking.

Apr 23rd, '12, 13:17
Vendor Member

by SilentChaos » Apr 23rd, '12, 13:17

Comparatively speaking it's actually not that bad, no worse than some of the shu's I've tried at 3 times the price. Hmmm...guess without experience, I'll have to get one of those puerh books which shows the all the details of specific cakes.... :roll:

Apr 23rd, '12, 17:58
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Apr 23rd, '12, 17:58

Hey good to see you sp1key! Been awhile, hope you are well!

Apr 23rd, '12, 22:31

by sp1key » Apr 23rd, '12, 22:31

SilentChaos wrote:Comparatively speaking it's actually not that bad, no worse than some of the shu's I've tried at 3 times the price. Hmmm...guess without experience, I'll have to get one of those puerh books which shows the all the details of specific cakes.... :roll:
yup thats the key, keep trying, keep drinking, buy less and as long as you're not paying big bucks for stuff like that. Although some people would be concerned about the production hygiene of such a ripe tea.

Apr 23rd, '12, 22:31

by sp1key » Apr 23rd, '12, 22:31

Drax wrote:Hey good to see you sp1key! Been awhile, hope you are well!
alls good Drax, just haven't been on here much. Hope all is well on your end too

Jul 12th, '12, 14:35

by iovetea » Jul 12th, '12, 14:35

G-off-re wrote:Those are pretty common teas found in just about every Chinatown so not really an amazing find. Most common to see near me is cnnp, Xiaguan, Dayi and a whole bunch of no name non cnnp bricks. Since your new i'd suggest sampling some pu from online vendor before you go back and buy out the whole supply. Your likely to find that those teas aren't as great as you once thought. I did the same thing when i first started drinking pu and ended up wasting money on crap tea that i didn't want to drink anymore.
well at least you can buy cake were you live, our asia stores only have teabags... some asian supermarkets don't even have oolong.. or they have oolong and it doesn't even say on the cover what oolong... or they sell pi lo chun but the picture of the package has something that resembles yellow needles on it.....

but yes you are right, i used to like yamamotoyama hojicha and now i hate it its weird how taste can completely change

+ Post Reply