Apr 22nd, '12, 16:13

Alex: 300ml Teruyuki Kyusu (Post within International)

by Alex » Apr 22nd, '12, 16:13

Bought few months back. Stunning Stunning pot.

So reason for sale? I had originally planned to have two high end pots one for a tea station upstairs and one downstairs in the kitchen. However after the novelty wore off I haven't used the one upstairs. Since I got my Hokujo Teapot this one has sat idle for the last 6 weeks. No good reason as I love both equally however I just don't need both or use both.

Its in perfect condition, handled with OCD care. Had around 500grams of organic sencha brewed in it. Filter on it is flawless and incredibly fine and just the overall pot is as good as it gets! Makes superb sencha, very smooth and tasty.

Comes fully boxed (blue cardboard, maker info etc.)

Bought from artisticnippon for £115 shipped.

I would like £60 shipped UK & International

http://www.artisticnippon.com/product/t ... kyusu.html
CIMG8021.JPG
CIMG8021.JPG (19.62 KiB) Viewed 2455 times
And here's some more pictures and details of it if you scroll down in this thread.

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=330

Apr 25th, '12, 11:51

Re: Alex: 300ml Teruyuki Kyusu (Post within International)

by Alex » Apr 25th, '12, 11:51

Lowered the price.

Won't be going any lower then that.

Apr 25th, '12, 11:59
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 25th, '12, 11:59

... great looking kyusu.

Couldn't you just use a second one in your kitchen? :mrgreen:

I recently purchased a "ball filter" kyusu from AN, I was very pleasantly impressed how well it works. So much better than the ball filter on my first kyusu which really sucked. I would say it is likely the fastest clay screened kyusu I have ever used!

I am just saying this for anyone wondering about ball filters like the one on this kyusu.

Apr 25th, '12, 12:47

by Alex » Apr 25th, '12, 12:47

This Kyusu has a sesame filter Chip. Check out pictures in the link

Which did you get from AN Chip? I'm glad you didn't get held back by the ball filter. I really like them when they work they are just as good as sasame IMO.

Apr 25th, '12, 13:34

by Chip » Apr 25th, '12, 13:34

Oh wow, ooops. Ha, sorry about that. I must have been confused. I thought you had mentioned the ball filter in this kyusu. Must have been someone else and a different kyusu.

I purchased the Touju kyusu and really love it!

OK, reallllly getting off topic, Toru mentioned to me some artisans (such as Koshin who does the sharp looking mogake) who did the ball filter are switching to sasame due to lower costs of production. You know, come to think of it, I think it was someone posting about the Koshin kyusu with the ball filter ...

Apr 25th, '12, 13:58

by Alex » Apr 25th, '12, 13:58

Yeah that was my Koshin pot which is getting loads of use at work.

That Touju looks superb. Really like its rustic vibe. The ball filter on that looks great. You do see some ball filters that don't look great (big holes) and for me that put me off a Yoshiki. However I have no experience....its just buying online I didn't want to take the chance. I think you can always get round big holes with a very slow pour. And like your Touju you want to see some holes in the filter meet the pot wall. Like on the picture I showed you of my Koshin.

That's interesting what Toru said about the filters changing. 8) I'd imagine that the ball filters are actually one of the most time consuming things when making a kyusu. Or certainly significant enough to want to switch to the machine made filters.

Apr 25th, '12, 17:39

by Chip » Apr 25th, '12, 17:39

If you look at his new Koshin ... sasame is the new screen!

Well, good to know I was not going completely crazy thinking it was you., just had the wrong kyusu.

Yes, the Touju is a COMPLETE emptying kyusu and super fast for the reasons you stated.

Apr 26th, '12, 03:28

by Alex » Apr 26th, '12, 03:28

Its a lovely peice you got chip. Knob looks superb (childish titter) really easy to handle etc. Did you take any of your own pics? I'd like to see them as the rust style finish looks very nice.

Apr 26th, '12, 17:39

by Chip » Apr 26th, '12, 17:39

Alex wrote:Its a lovely peice you got chip. Knob looks superb (childish titter) really easy to handle etc. Did you take any of your own pics? I'd like to see them as the rust style finish looks very nice.
Yes, I will post in the kyusu topic or I may steal your "customers" away! :mrgreen: I did post a background picture of it recently ... I think in Hagi SO 17 Oribe topic.

Apr 27th, '12, 13:03

by hopeofdawn » Apr 27th, '12, 13:03

Okay, I'll confess, I'm seriously wibbling over here--it's such a gorgeous pot! But my budget ... but it's such a pretty pot ... :oops:

A quick question--how true to life is the color on the photo you put up here? I know how difficult teaware is to photograph, and in some of the other pictures on Teachat, it looks more like a gray-slate color than the brown-sienna color shown in this picture ... which would be more accurate?

Apr 27th, '12, 13:55

by Alex » Apr 27th, '12, 13:55

This is going to sound really cheesy but the pot just seems to change every time I look at it, the clay is very complex up close. Sometimes it looks like it does in this thread and other times more like the pics I posted. Although I guess more towards the grey rather then brown...but it feels like its getting and will get darker with seasoning. It 100% looks nothing like the Artisticnippon link though for reference. That makes it look way too light.

What I can say and I'm sure anyone that owns a Teruyuki will back me up is that its a superb bargain at that price. I can't convey just quite how amazing this kyusu is to hold. Such incredible poise and precision it really is utterly stunning.

If you do go for it it will most definitely exceed your expectations by a long way. As my pics and explanation just do not do a pot of this high standard justice. 8)

Apr 28th, '12, 06:10

by Alex » Apr 28th, '12, 06:10

***Sold and dispatched***

Please lock this one up Chip.