Nadacha/The Essence of Tea "Official" Oolong/Pu-erh TeaTopic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Jan 19th, '10, 12:40
Scrolling: scrolling

Nadacha/The Essence of Tea "Official" Oolong/Pu-erh TeaTopic

by Chip » Jan 19th, '10, 12:40

Nadacha/The Essence of Tea was nominated and confirmed for our TeaVendor Guide under the Oolong and Pu-erh categories. If you would like to nominate them to other categories, you may do this, otherwise limit discussion to their Oolong and Pu-erh Tea offerings. Thank you! :D

NEW! Official Oolong and Pu-erh Tea Vendor Guide for Nadacha/The Essence of Tea
Consider this a perennial topic for Oolong and Pu-erh teas from Nadacha/The Essence of Tea to discuss and review.

Oolong and Pu-erh: http://www.essenceoftea.co.uk/Tea.html

Official Oolong and Pu-erh Tea Vendor Guide. Let's see what happens with this wild and crazy idea. You can view the main Oolong TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=11932 and the main Pu-erh TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=11929 and the main TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewforum.php?f=60

Jan 19th, '10, 14:20

Re: Nadacha/The Essence of Tea "Official" Pu-erh Tea Topic

by Maitre_Tea » Jan 19th, '10, 14:20

Pretty diverse selection, ranging from the affordable to the super-expensive. His late 90s Grand Yellow Label is probably one of the best values of older tea for western-catering tea vendors. The storage is a bit wet, but there's still some sharpness. I love wet storage but some people may think this one is a too wet-stored. I don't think it's really possible to find adolescent sheng for under $90 here in the west, making this one heck of a good find.

The ability to purchase samples by the gram is very good

Jan 23rd, '10, 19:21

Re: Nadacha/The Essence of Tea "Official" Pu-erh Tea Topic

by AdamMY » Jan 23rd, '10, 19:21

Nada goes to great lengths to offer some high quality teas at an affordable price. Aged Puerh is always expensive and I think places like Tao Bao give the wrong impression of prices for stores that sell mostly Aged Teas. The thing is when you buy a tea from Nada, you know you are getting what you paid for in terms of authenticity and taste.

Also Nada's Custom pressings that he has been doing are a real treat, and well worth it, considering he over sees a large portion of the production of these cakes himself.

May 2nd, '12, 00:41

Re: Nadacha/The Essence of Tea "Official" Oolong/Pu-erh TeaTopic

by Tead Off » May 2nd, '12, 00:41

Essence of Tea is one of the more discerning sellers online. Nothing commercial about this seller. Each of his selections are the result of his experience with Puerh and Oolongs.

Jan 23rd, '13, 07:59

by NPE » Jan 23rd, '13, 07:59

Tead Off wrote:Essence of Tea is one of the more discerning sellers online. Nothing commercial about this seller. Each of his selections are the result of his experience with Puerh and Oolongs.
I have recently ordered from there and not only the tea was of truly excellent quality but the service as well: I had technical problems during the check-out. I reported the problem and immediately got a workaround. :P

Jan 25th, '13, 20:21

by etorix » Jan 25th, '13, 20:21

my favorite part of buying from EoT is delivery-time, its so fast to me

cos im in UK .. most dealers with this quality and variety are far away

Feb 23rd, '13, 15:45

by futurebird » Feb 23rd, '13, 15:45

The tea was carefully packaged and I got a free sample with my order!

:D

I'm happy with this seller, one of the few who has old teas to sample. I have not yet found one tea that I'm "crazy" for but everything was high quality and I'm impressed so far. (Just made a second order.)

I do think the prices are high-ish, but it's worth it. Some of the other vendors are slow, and you have lingering fears about being ripped off. Not with EoT!

Mar 14th, '13, 04:25

by Alex » Mar 14th, '13, 04:25

etorix wrote:my favorite part of buying from EoT is delivery-time, its so fast to me

cos im in UK .. most dealers with this quality and variety are far away
UK high five :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply