The Announcement!

Forum problem solving, rules, contact information

Jan 5th, '12, 14:42

Re: The Announcement!

by JBaymore » Jan 5th, '12, 14:42

Super news Chip! Given the topic I'll say, おめでとうございました。(Congratulations.)

Now I forget....... what size was it that you asked me to order for your white Elvis suit? :wink:

best,

...............john

Jan 6th, '12, 19:31

by joelbct » Jan 6th, '12, 19:31

Congratulations Chip.

May the Sench be with you :/

Jan 6th, '12, 21:26
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 6th, '12, 21:26

JBaymore wrote:Super news Chip! Given the topic I'll say, おめでとうございました。(Congratulations.)

Now I forget....... what size was it that you asked me to order for your white Elvis suit? :wink:
Thanks ... but I am in need of a green one! :mrgreen:
Lerxst2112 wrote:Way to go, Chip! I don't know if there will be a trip to NV in my future, but if there is, I know where I'm going!
Thank you kindly! :mrgreen:
Nenugal wrote:Congratulations, Chip! :mrgreen:
Humbly bows ... :mrgreen:
joelbct wrote:Congratulations Chip.
May the Sench be with you :/
Green is the path to the steamed side. (Yoda-ism, had Yoda ever had Japanese green teas) :mrgreen:

Jan 7th, '12, 11:02

by Chasen » Jan 7th, '12, 11:02

Congratulations, Chip! I live just a few hours drive from Las Vegas, but know zilch about blogs/bloggers. Any suggestions as to how I might get in there to see/hear/meet you? I'd love to do so! :idea:

Jan 7th, '12, 12:44

by JRS22 » Jan 7th, '12, 12:44

Any possibility that one of the bloggers will film you for YouTube?

Jan 8th, '12, 01:27

by Chip » Jan 8th, '12, 01:27

Chasen wrote:Congratulations, Chip! I live just a few hours drive from Las Vegas, but know zilch about blogs/bloggers. Any suggestions as to how I might get in there to see/hear/meet you? I'd love to do so! :idea:
I believe they will post registration info asap. They will list each category of registration and what you have to do to qualify. I believe bloggers register under Media? I will have to check.
JRS22 wrote:Any possibility that one of the bloggers will film you for YouTube?
WTE has strict rules regarding the video/audio recording and even photographing anywhere in the expo. I do not know what exactly they allow media/bloggers do in this regard. But they are not permitted to record the presentations since attendees pay extra to participate in these programs. I believe WTE records many of these programs.

Having said that, I have noticed WTE youtube videos when googling World Tea Expo ...

I will check this out more, especially matters pertaining to bloggers and will try to post a link to the information.

Jan 8th, '12, 14:34

by Dinahsaur » Jan 8th, '12, 14:34

Congrats, Chip! That's extremely exciting! I was actually planning to attend, but a friend's wedding (outside the country, no less) got in the way. Wish I could be there to hear your talk. I'm sure it will be absolutely fantastic!

Jan 10th, '12, 10:16

by Neist » Jan 10th, '12, 10:16

Congrats! :)

As per the media registration, I cannot speak directly to the WTE, as I'm new to the whole tea world, but I do have quite a deal of experience with video game, media-only expos. I can probably assume the requirements will be similar.

Usually they require that you proof that you have some form of "published" work when you submit the registration. Sometimes a letter from an editor is enough substantiate one's claims of being media. Sometimes it isn't.

Published work is a very loose concept, however. You could just make a blog, right now, and start posting for a month or two. Afterwards, register with the understanding that you're representing your blog (they usually require a link or address to the outlet you're representing).

If you don't want to go a blog route, and you know someone who already has a blog or writes on tea subjects, you could be potentially allowed in media as a freelancer for that outlet, if your acquaintance will confirm that you indeed will be doing work for them.

I'm probably going a bit off topic here, but my point is that all media means is that you have an asserted effort and passion to write about something. It's amazing how many media get into industry events, or movie screenings, or whatever based on hard work and a nice letterhead. :) And the Youtube video thought might not be a bad idea, either. People are increasingly recognizing video creators on Youtube as media.

Jan 13th, '12, 07:54
Vendor Member

by Xell » Jan 13th, '12, 07:54

Noticed this topic only now, wow! Quite impressive, congratulation, Chip! :)

May 3rd, '12, 21:08

by SlientSipper » May 3rd, '12, 21:08

I checked out the site and it said that its open to business owners and the press only?
So I can't go and sample the teas? :(

May 3rd, '12, 21:30

by Chip » May 3rd, '12, 21:30

Seemed like a lot of attendees in the WTE-East in Philly were actually prospective business owners scouting resources ... just sayin'.

May 7th, '12, 02:48

by SlientSipper » May 7th, '12, 02:48

Chip wrote:Seemed like a lot of attendees in the WTE-East in Philly were actually prospective business owners scouting resources ... just sayin'.
In that case. I'll go there and if they turn me away then I'll just go to a local tea house and get some Rooibos.

worth a shot.

May 7th, '12, 13:46

by brandon » May 7th, '12, 13:46

If you aren't pre-registered, you will certainly be denied entry. If you have a blog, you can register as a journalist and pay the fee. If you own a tea related business with a tax ID, and register far enough in advance, you can get in "free." They will check your credentials in any event.

May 14th, '12, 19:03

by Chip » May 14th, '12, 19:03

I received a positive report from the "WTE powers that be" that my presentation is doing quite well in actual registrations. The WTE reserves the right to cancel any presentations that are not receiving adaquate interest.

"Insecure Chip" has had nightmares of my presentation being canceled :cry: , but I am actually doing quite well. :mrgreen: Mine is well over that hump ... "whew"

In addition to the actual presentation, I am conducting Japanese tea tastings loosely tied to my presentation with various exhibitors (TBD).

Both the presentation and this venue for tastings are new territory for me ... and coming down to the final weeks before the WTE ... I am quite anxious/nervous already. 8)

May 14th, '12, 19:09

by Chip » May 14th, '12, 19:09

brandon wrote:If you aren't pre-registered, you will certainly be denied entry. If you have a blog, you can register as a journalist and pay the fee. If you own a tea related business with a tax ID, and register far enough in advance, you can get in "free." They will check your credentials in any event.
I started to ask about this, but got distracted. However, with credentials, people literally just show up to the WTE without registering in advance.

Though the vast majority do register in advance.

+ Post Reply