Best place to get Jasmine Dragon Pearls?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 22nd, '12, 22:07

Best place to get Jasmine Dragon Pearls?

by forkyfork » May 22nd, '12, 22:07

I've been out of the tea loop for a while, but I'm trying to replenish my stock. My favorite tea is the jasmine dragon pearls, but I'd like to avoid paying a lot for them if I can. Local stores can be very pricey.

What place do you recommend to buy inexpensive but good quality jasmine pearls? MountainRoseHerbs has them $15 for 4oz. EnjoyingTea has them for $17 4 oz. I know Adagio has them, too, but they are pricier for less quantity.

For anyone who has ordered from these vendors, or any others, can you comment? I suspect a lot of these vendors get their tea from the same place.

Thanks.

May 24th, '12, 14:44

Re: Best place to get Jasmine Dragon Pearls?

by teaisme » May 24th, '12, 14:44

Haven't tried it but this vendor is a good one that has not disappointed me...
http://jingteashop.com/pd-jing-tea-shop ... -pearl.cfm

And here is a local vendor
http://www.houdeasianart.com/index.php? ... ducts_id=9

Not in pearl form, but I get a feeling this one would be more appealing to me (visual aesthetic aside), and likely can go more infusions with more character (less of the straightforward jasmine only flavour)

May 24th, '12, 14:54

Re: Best place to get Jasmine Dragon Pearls?

by JRS22 » May 24th, '12, 14:54

There may be a lot of vendors using the same source but my experience is that there is a wide variation in quality. I've been very happy with pearls from Seven Cups, but I agree that Jing is a very dependable source, and with lower prices.

Consider trying jasmine silver needles. I bought a Rishi tin at Whole Foods last year, but that's also available from Jing this year.

+ Post Reply