Nov 7th, '11, 17:13

My Blog of Tea, Sustainability, Herbs, Culture, and Ecology

by AlexZorach » Nov 7th, '11, 17:13

I've been blogging about tea for over two years now. You can find my blog here:

Alex Zorach's Tea Blog

Yes, unsexy name I know, and it's still using the default Blogger layout, for the most part. The idea of this blog is that it encompasses the following topics:
  • Tea - This is the primary topic of the blog, although there are a number of posts that relate only tangentially to tea.
  • Sustainability - Not just environmental sustainability, but economic and cultural issues pertaining to sustainability as well...although environmental issues definitely figure prominently.
  • Herbs - Especially herbs used to brew herbal teas, or for blending with teas, or herbs somehow related to tea.
  • Culture - Especially as it pertains to tea. The blog also gets a little bit into psychology, relationships, and politics, especially when tea is somehow involved.
  • Ecology - This is actually a major focus of the blog, and I think what makes this blog really unique...I want to use tea as an example to illustrate ecological concepts.
  • Occasional musings about RateTea.net - I also run RateTea.net, and my tea blog also contains numerous unofficial and off-the-hook comments about that site, what's going on with it, and what motivated me to create various features or resources on it.
Please let me know what you think! And consider subscribing if you find these topics interesting!

May 24th, '12, 23:59
Scrolling: fixed

Re: My Blog of Tea, Sustainability, Herbs, Culture, and Ecology

by jennyzw » May 24th, '12, 23:59

Great! i just begin mine blog which wrote all about Anhua Dark tea

Jun 4th, '12, 09:48

Re: My Blog of Tea, Sustainability, Herbs, Culture, and Ecology

by AlexZorach » Jun 4th, '12, 09:48

jennyzw wrote:Great! i just begin mine blog which wrote all about Anhua Dark tea
I just visited your website. It looks extraordinarily expensive...many of these cakes are selling for almost $100, and I saw a 2011 cake for $25, for only 4 ounces. A lot of Raw Pu-erh cakes from the best factories are available for a tiny portion of this price.

My understanding of hei cha (dark tea) is that the types other than Pu-erh are little known in the west, and tend to fetch lower prices than Pu-erh. How do you expect anyone to want to pay these sorts of prices? And I don't see many small sample sizes for sale.

+ Post Reply