Hello from Ireland

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Jun 9th, '12, 09:09

Hello from Ireland

by albert » Jun 9th, '12, 09:09

Hi,

I have just joined as I was looking for info on how I might get my long held interest in Chinese tea culture off the ground and came across this forum on the way. I also came up with an interim solution.

I set up a website after living for 2 years in China but it is not until now that I found a away to overcome my initial hurdle in terms of supply etc, i.e., I intend to use drop shipment to begin with. My interest is in Chinese Teas and in particular the Chinese tea culture. That is the area I intend to focus on. When I lived in China that was the one thing that was a constant source of pleasure. It continues to please.

I guess I should keep my questions for another area of the forum. In the meantime good luck to all of you.

Albert

Jun 9th, '12, 09:45

Re: Hello from Ireland

by debunix » Jun 9th, '12, 09:45

Welcome to TeaChat!

You have questions, and we have answers. If we're lucky, we may even have some correct answers to some of your questions, but you have to watch out for us answering questions you didn't ask....

What kind of teas do you enjoy?

Jun 13th, '12, 04:55

by albert » Jun 13th, '12, 04:55

Hi,

When I was in China I enjoyed Oolong tea, in particular those that came from Taiwan. It amazed me that the quality and price could vary so much. I think to be an expert requires a lot of experience and perhaps that is why my interest is more to do with the paraphenalia of Chinese tea culture - the visual experience. I enjoyed sitting in the tea houses and relaxing to the whole experience particularly if the tea quality was excellent.

I have been reading the sections on this site relating to setting up a wholesale tea business or retail and it brought me back to my original idea, i.e., its not the tea per see that I want to sell but the tea culture surrounding it. This is why I may try and find some select tea suppliers in China who would undertake drop shipment for me as I am not aiming to make any income from the sale of tea itself (not to begin with anyway) but I do believe I should have tea on my site. Therefore why not high quality - low turnover as it makes a statement? At this point in time I am not decided on the best way forward.

However, trying to get started can be a bit disheartening. It would be great to be able to make a small income in order to finance a more concerted effort as that would support its viability as a concept.

Albert

Jul 18th, '12, 12:19
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 18th, '12, 12:19

debunix wrote:Welcome to TeaChat!

You have questions, and we have answers. If we're lucky, we may even have some correct answers to some of your questions, but you have to watch out for us answering questions you didn't ask....

What kind of teas do you enjoy?
+1!
Welcome Albert! Hope to see you around the forum. :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply