Gostreetshop

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jun 9th, '12, 11:05
Scrolling: scrolling

Gostreetshop

by Drax » Jun 9th, '12, 11:05

Has anybody tried the offerings from this eBay shop? If I recall correctly, somebody had posted a link to the mini-tuos that the shop was offering, but a couple of the other items caught my eye.

The shop doesn't offer a lot of sheng, but I decided to try this 2005 CNNP red ribbon cake and this 2009 yiwu brick (which has since gone up $1 in price :lol: ).

I tried the CNNP earlier in the week. It was decent, nothing too special, but not too bad for the price (free shipping, too). I'm trying the brick right now, and I'm enjoying it a lot. Older than its age would suggest, but still strong in youthful qualities... has that flavor profile that reminds me of autumn leaves.

On both, not sure I would buy more, but these purchases turned out pretty well for the price.

I also picked up this little clay jar, as I liked the phoenix on the sides. I was curious about one thing on it: the dark clay parts have a 'sheen' to them -- is there some sort of glaze on the clay? It's really hard to tell (clearly the lighter-colored portion has been etched or something).

Anyway, just thought I'd share in case anybody was curious about the shop, and also was wondering if anybody had tried anything from there in order to compare.

Jun 9th, '12, 11:48

Re: Gostreetshop

by puerhking » Jun 9th, '12, 11:48

I have a green and an oolong from them. I thought they were both pretty good...certainly a good value.

Jun 9th, '12, 13:23
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Jun 9th, '12, 13:23

Drax wrote: I also picked up this little clay jar, as I liked the phoenix on the sides. I was curious about one thing on it: the dark clay parts have a 'sheen' to them -- is there some sort of glaze on the clay? It's really hard to tell (clearly the lighter-colored portion has been etched or something).
I have a couple of jars like this. I think the dark parts are the original surface of the jar, and then the jar was "carved" with some sort of laser technology to make the matte finish pattern.

Jun 9th, '12, 19:57
Scrolling: fixed

by TomVerlain » Jun 9th, '12, 19:57

i just got a similar jar in taiwan - I would have bought more, but there are limits to luggage. I like the really big better clay jars, but getting stuff like that home or shipping it is tough.

+ Post Reply