OTTI Round Schedules

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby Chip » Mar 8th, '12, 14:06

OK, I will be posting the OTTI 12 topic hopefully around 3 pm Eastern time ... for previewing.

The topic will remain locked until 6 pm Eastern time at which time members can post and email their interest to me.

Hmmm, what the heck, I can post it now. But again, it will be locked until 6 pm Eastern USA time.

These are all 2011 harvest teas, and will give participants (and readers) a preview for when Shincha rolls around.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » May 20th, '12, 00:43

As always, my goal for OTTI rounds is to expand our horizons, have us taste as many teas as the OTTI program will feasibly allow.

Yes, still working on the Wuyi OTTI and a Chinese green OTTI and a Taiwanese OTTI, and hopefully two other OTTI ... but til then ...

OTTI 13 and 14 are will reallllly rock your Shincha worlds!

OTTI 13 will be a single vendor OTTI. It will feature 6 shincha from O-Cha.

OTTI 14 will also feature shincha and will also feature a single vendor, although the details are not quite crystalized. This will feature shincha from Hakoniwado.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » May 20th, '12, 00:53

Oh, the official 3 day notification of one or both rounds is imminent. Keep your eye on the official 3 day notification topic in this OTTI forum.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » May 20th, '12, 18:08

I just posted the 3 day notification in the appropriate topic for OTTI 13, an all O-Cha shincha round!

Hope to have OTTI 14 ready asap!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jun 6th, '12, 11:14

While at the WTE, I was able to set up several more OTTI rounds. Some of you will be pleased to know that they are not (all) Japanese greens. :lol:

I was able to set up 2 seperate OOLONG rounds! One is Taiwan oolong and the other ... well you will have to wait and see!

Still need to set up a replacement Wuyi round.

While at the Expo, it was rather time consuming setting up tastings (this was not my motivation for being there ... but the opps were too great to ignore). For Taiwan oolong, we went around to just about every Taiwan exhibitor to sample teas before proposing an OTTI tasting ... which requred a lot of discussion and time.

Those that were approached were very eager to participate. :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jun 6th, '12, 11:21

However, OTTI 14 will feature the Yame Shincha of Hakoniwado aka JapanTea.org aka Xell.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jun 7th, '12, 23:41

Things could be getting fast and furious around here, so fasten your TeaBelts.

OTTI 14 will feature Shincha from Hakoniwado (Xell) ... an all YAME OTTI!!! The 3 day countdown for this round begins any day!!!!!!!!!

OTTI 15, 16, 17, 18 ... and pretty positive on 19 and 20 and 21 are lined up. Not sure of the order yet.

Korean OTTI
Gao Shan (Taiwan oolong) OTTI
A mystery oolong OTTI TBA
And TC deal of the century OTTI

Still NOT scheduled: the Wuyi OTTI and a Chinese green OTTI ... and want to do a multi nation OTTI TBA.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby limbo » Jun 8th, '12, 06:07

Just take my money Chip :mrgreen:
limbo

Postby sherubtse » Jun 8th, '12, 07:06

Chip wrote:Things could be getting fast and furious around here, so fasten your TeaBelts.

OTTI 14 will feature Shincha from Hakoniwado (Xell) ... an all YAME OTTI!!! The 3 day countdown for this round begins any day!!!!!!!!!

OTTI 15, 16, 17, 18 ... and pretty positive on 19 and 20 and 21 are lined up. Not sure of the order yet.

Korean OTTI
Gao Shan (Taiwan oolong) OTTI
A mystery oolong OTTI TBA
And TC deal of the century OTTI

Still NOT scheduled: the Wuyi OTTI and a Chinese green OTTI ... and want to do a multi nation OTTI TBA.

Perhaps you may also consider, sometime in the future, an Indian / subcontinental blacks OTTI.

Thanks.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
sherubtse

Postby Chip » Jun 11th, '12, 15:49

I shall, sherbtse! Thank you for the suggestion. Had there been another day of the WTE, I would have explored the whole Indian collective which was quite large!

limbo wrote:Just take my money Chip :mrgreen:

... gladly! :twisted:...
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jun 11th, '12, 15:51

I just posted about OTTI Round #14 going live on Wednesday at 6pm Eastern USA time with a preview of the topic at 3pm, three hours prior.

OTTI 15 shall be Gao Shan from a grower/seller family I met at the World Tea Expo. They were super nice and are excited to be sharing their Taiwan oolong-s with us.

You should expect a wide range in styles and oxidations and roasts (good news for most of you as if I was choosing it would be all greener oolong :D ).

Look for more info on this shortly including who, what, when, where ... and need I tell you why??? As of today, the Tentative date for OTTI 15 is ... well, it will be the end of June to early July.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby debunix » Jun 11th, '12, 19:26

The Gao Shan OTTI sounds especially interesting: is that one basic tea cultivar/plantation but processed different ways?
debunix

Postby Chip » Jun 11th, '12, 20:04

debunix wrote:The Gao Shan OTTI sounds especially interesting: is that one basic tea cultivar/plantation but processed different ways?

They are a multi cultivar farm, but I am still working with them on all the selections for this OTTI.

However, I will have to be certain to request this information for each selection. Remind me if I do not post this information, thanks. :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jun 19th, '12, 01:13

So, it is official. OTTI 15 shall be Taiwan Oolong! Stay tuned! Do not venture far from TeaChat. Date has been set for ______ _____, 2012.

I will say no more .... yet. :twisted:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Chip » Jun 27th, '12, 13:44

I just received the "prelim tasting set" for OTTI 15. The vendor sent the set of 6 Taiwan oolong samples ahead of the bulk shipment so I can begin prelim tastings and begin promotion for this round! :twisted: 8) :idea:

The bulk shipment should arrive later this week!

The 6 teas include 2 greener oolong, 2 medium, and 2 dark. They were selected specifically for this OTTI tasting after a special round of tastings from multiple generations of this grower family. :mrgreen:

This is a great cross section of Taiwan oolong from a vendor I am guessing has not been discussed previously on TeaChat.

So, it is a great opportunity OTTI round for these reasons (and more I am sure).
Chip
Mod/Admin

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions