Dobra Tea- Burlington VT

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

Dobra Tea- Burlington VT

Postby TomVerlain » Sep 12th, '09, 19:14

Hi

Was just in Burlington VT and went to Dobra Tea. It is in a nice section of town, off church street, which is blocked off for pedestrian traffic and populated with small stores, restaurants and bars. Basically, a "hip" section of Burlington. (Of course, using the word "hip" means I am completely un-whatever hip is)

They have a multi page tea menu, broken down by region, with nice notes and pictures. Being a fan of pu'erh, I wanted to see what they had. They have a few teas, unlabeled by factory and recipe, and on inquiry, about 1-2 years old. I had a loose leaf shu that was pleasant, a fine example of a decent modern shu. It was $3.50, which is decent price for a beautiful place to sit and enjoy multiple infusions with the little set in the picture.

I liked the oriental carpets on the floor, and the comfortable chairs and glass topped table.

Overall, a very nice place, big variety of teas, nice staff, a welcome spot to sit and enjoy a leisurely session of tea indulgence.

TomVerlain

Re: Dobra Tea- Burlington VT

Postby Theo Sinensis » Jun 14th, '12, 19:54

I'm sitting here now, enjoying a tea meal of rice with gomasio, and daifuku, accompanied by a very fine bi luo chun. A nice touch to this place is its Czech origin, which at least in Burlington means a man playing Eastern European folk music on an accordion, mandolin and what appears to be something like an organ-type instrument that is grinded. Outstanding atmosphere, combining standard tables with traditional Asian seating (elevated floor seating with pillows).
Theo Sinensis

Postby iannon » Jun 14th, '12, 22:28

Interesting! They have a Dobra Tea house in Asheville which I get to a few times a year.. I may have to visit it now..its been on my radar at least
iannon

Postby chado.my.teaway » Sep 11th, '12, 17:00

Off.

Nice Cebei on 4th photo..its a zi sha?
chado.my.teaway

Postby Theo Sinensis » Apr 4th, '13, 18:27

iannon wrote:Interesting! They have a Dobra Tea house in Asheville which I get to a few times a year.. I may have to visit it now..its been on my radar at least

I had the opportunity to visit the Asheville location a few months ago. Very nicely appointed, and as wonderful as the one in Burlington, but...

be careful about going there in the evenings. My wife and I went back for a repeat of our lunchtime experience, only to find that the place had become very much like the rest of Asheville, with loud live music and a crowded space. We didn't even go in.

This is no place for a tea experience when they have things like that going on. But during the day, it's outstanding. I guess the evening crowd helps to pay the rent.
Theo Sinensis

Instant Messenger

Permissions