How much tea can you drink a day?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jul 9th, '12, 12:03
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: How much tea can you drink a day?

by Drax » Jul 9th, '12, 12:03

Wow, that certainly seems like a lot, though I guess if you work at a teashop (or live tea), then maybe that's pretty normal!

With a typical pu'erh session, I go about 10 (or more) steeps, usually about 100mL each, so I guess if I do a whole pu session that amounts to about 1 liter. I've done three pus in a day, but that's usually on weekends when I have a lot of time to do nothing but read and drink pu.

Maybe if I got in a better habit of drinking tea at work, I would increase my daily average, but lately it's been hit or miss.

Jul 9th, '12, 13:02

by AdamMY » Jul 9th, '12, 13:02

This almost feels like its turning into a pissing contest. ( In more ways than one... :roll: :lol: ). But honestly you should just listen to your body, some days I can seem to do no wrong with tea, just drink it non stop for quite a few hours. Other days I feel completely finished after just one tea.

Plus I am not sure what you are trying to measure, if you are trying to judge how much of the chemicals you can take in from tea before experiencing adverse effects, then its likely the grams of tea you use to brew are far more important the actual volume of liquid tea consumed.

Jul 9th, '12, 20:53

by needaTEAcher » Jul 9th, '12, 20:53

Lol, pissing contest certainly is not the point! I make tea at work. I tend to drink less on weekend days.

Jul 9th, '12, 22:42
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Jul 9th, '12, 22:42

AdamMY wrote: Plus I am not sure what you are trying to measure, if you are trying to judge how much of the chemicals you can take in from tea before experiencing adverse effects, then its likely the grams of tea you use to brew are far more important the actual volume of liquid tea consumed.
This is a good point, overloading will do you in just as easily as drinking a lot by volume. "Espresso style" puer brewing.

Jul 10th, '12, 04:35

by needaTEAcher » Jul 10th, '12, 04:35

I also think it is important to recognize that everyone has a different body, and different reactions. I just had a tea session with someone who said drinking puerh makes her tired (really common response in Korea), while at the same time I was feeling super jacked up and alert!

It's all about listening to your body and following what feels right for you.

Jul 11th, '12, 02:22
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Jul 11th, '12, 02:22

needaTEAcher wrote:I also think it is important to recognize that everyone has a different body, and different reactions. I just had a tea session with someone who said drinking puerh makes her tired...
It's all about listening to your body and following what feels right for you.
Very true. I will never forget a former co-worker of mine who felt sleepy after drinking coffee. To each their own! I sure can't sleep if I have coffee at night time.

Jul 11th, '12, 12:24

by needaTEAcher » Jul 11th, '12, 12:24

TwoDog2 wrote:I will never forget a former co-worker of mine who felt sleepy after drinking coffee.
I had a buddy like that. He said the doctors told him his metabolism is super quick, so he metabolizes the caffeine quickly, his energy bumps up for 10 minutes or so, and then he crashes really hard and falls asleep! (Sometimes while teaching his class! :lol: )

Jul 12th, '12, 03:52
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Jul 12th, '12, 03:52

needaTEAcher wrote:doctors told him his metabolism is super quick, so he metabolizes the caffeine quickly
very interesting, could be the same thing! The guy I was referring to is skinny as a flag pole and couldn't gain wait if he ate 24 donuts a day. I suspect it must be related to his super speedy metabolism

+ Post Reply