A multi faceted question ... while I have been pondering these things for years, recently looking at the Adagio site and noticing a 95% "like" rating for a $6 tea made me want to ask a few questions.
Keep in mind, these questions are not pointed in anyone's direction, but my general experience in the areas below and noticing major differences caused me to introspect my own activity as well.
1) In general, are TCers tougher in reviews of vendors and teas?
2) In general, are you tougher in reviews of vendors and teas on TeaChat?
3) In general, are reviews on vendor sites somewhat ... dubious, padded, rigged, notorious, etc. "Softer?"
4) In general, if you ever review on a vendor's related site, are your reviews "softer?"
5) In general, what about other sites offering reviews, etc. For instance Steepster? Tough Tea Crowds?
... I think I will address ebay feedback in another topic.