60' CNNP Guangdong tuo with tea worms on wrapper

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Jul 23rd, '12, 23:23

60' CNNP Guangdong tuo with tea worms on wrapper

by HifideliTea » Jul 23rd, '12, 23:23

Seeking help and advise.

60's CNNP Guangdong tuo with tea worms (or is it excrement?) stuck on the outside of the wrapper, these teas were apparently of premium leaves.
Apparently, tea worms are sought after for it's medicinal properties.

Has anyone heard of Guangdong tou or tried it and are they any good?
Would tea worms on wrapper put you off in buying the bings or tuos?

Sorry, not much more info to provide and have not tasted it or have any pics to share.

Feedback and comments appreciated. Thanks.

Jul 24th, '12, 00:19

Re: 60' CNNP Guangdong tuo with tea worms on wrapper

by MarshalN » Jul 24th, '12, 00:19

What are tea worms? What do they look like? Are you talking about silver fish, the little silvery bugs?

I wouldn't worry about those. They're more interested in the wrapper than the tea.

Jul 24th, '12, 02:05
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Jul 24th, '12, 02:05

I want updates, with pictures of the worms. A few key points:

1) Boiling water kills all
2) Tequila has worms in it, and nothing bad ever comes from tequila consumption
3) If it's medicinal it has to be good

I have never had anything with "Tea worms" on it, is there a scientific term for them? I did have a 70's camphorish brick tea that had some small mites (or some whiteish bug carcasses) on it, I still drank it. And here I am posting today, so you'll probably be fine. Please try it, just to satisfy the greater teachat curiosity.

Jul 24th, '12, 08:10
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Jul 24th, '12, 08:10

TwoDog2 wrote:2) Tequila has worms in it, and nothing bad ever comes from tequila consumption
:lol: Indeed!

Hrm, from the description, it sounds like something (dead) is attached on the outside of the wrapper, and they could either be dead worms, or little excrement pellets?

The only time I've heard discussion of critters with pu'erh is usually about silverfish eating the wrappers that MarshalN mentioned, or worms that have been fed tea (and their excrement gathered and sold as tea).

I'd be curious if you can tell whether what was eaten was the wrapper or the tea? If it's the wrapper, then... meh. If it's the tea, that's a little more interesting. I'd also be curious whether you can figure out whether they are droppings or dead worms. Whether any of that is "desirable" or something like that... well, I leave that for you to decide. :D

My only other concern would be whether you can tell if these things, if they are indeed droppings, are actually from worms or bugs, and not, say, rodents?

Jul 25th, '12, 05:44

by entropyembrace » Jul 25th, '12, 05:44

TwoDog2 wrote: 2) Tequila has worms in it, and nothing bad ever comes from tequila consumption
silly marketing gimmick :lol:

good tequila doesn´t have worms

Jul 25th, '12, 09:06

by gasninja » Jul 25th, '12, 09:06

I ve had the 70s gd tuo. No worms though the tea was very good. I enjoyed it as much if not more than the 60s GYG cake.

Jul 25th, '12, 09:45

by TokyoB » Jul 25th, '12, 09:45

TwoDog2 wrote: 2) Tequila has worms in it, and nothing bad ever comes from tequila consumption
Hmmm....can't say that's been my experience. :lol:

Jul 25th, '12, 12:55

by zzenster » Jul 25th, '12, 12:55

I have not heard of tea worms. If you are talking about little silverish bug that is about the size of sesame or little bigger, that is bamboo eating bug. They usually eat bamboo wrapper not tea. They are small enough to hide inside the cake, however. You can get rid of them by exposing your cakes to hot steam for a while. Only problem is that 60's CNNP may not stay intact after steaming. I assume that 60's CNNP is quite pricy and not sure if you want to take that chance.

Jul 25th, '12, 22:02
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Jul 25th, '12, 22:02

entropyembrace wrote:
silly marketing gimmick :lol:

good tequila doesn´t have worms

Silly marketing gimmick?! I see an opportunity for the future of puer marketing.

"New and improved recipe, Menghai 1242, Now with 48% more worms!"

Jul 29th, '12, 17:51

by entropyembrace » Jul 29th, '12, 17:51

Special ultra-rare worm aged pu-erh! This ultra-rare tea was once reserved for the Emperor of China and was believed to increase lifespan. Modern science has revealed that the digestive enzymes of the worms will cause you to lose weight, return diabetic blood sugar to normal and cure cancer! Even better we are now able to offer this very special and rare tea so that everyone may enjoy the medicinal benefits previously reserved only for the Emperor of China. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jul 29th, '12, 18:50

by Tobias » Jul 29th, '12, 18:50

Sounds just like your typical Nèi piào...

Jul 29th, '12, 22:09
Vendor Member

by TwoDog2 » Jul 29th, '12, 22:09

entropyembrace wrote:Special ultra-rare worm aged pu-erh! This ultra-rare tea was once reserved for the Emperor of China and was believed to increase lifespan. Modern science has revealed that the digestive enzymes of the worms will cause you to lose weight, return diabetic blood sugar to normal and cure cancer! Even better we are now able to offer this very special and rare tea so that everyone may enjoy the medicinal benefits previously reserved only for the Emperor of China. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"This teas secret recipe was passed down for 623 generations, from hermetic eunuch monks, who only engaged in three activities; practicing martial arts, drinking tea, and worm breeding. This tea includes premium special high grade old wild arbor ancient worms. "

+ Post Reply