Ordering internationally: bank money transfers

Miscellaneous Discussion. Any topics that don't fit in other areas of the forum.

Jul 26th, '12, 16:13
Scrolling: scrolling

Ordering internationally: bank money transfers

by Drax » Jul 26th, '12, 16:13

I have been wanted to order a couple of items from a Japanese website -- they say that they do ship internationally, but their only payment method listed is via bank (or postal service).

I have not done an international bank transfer before, but I did go to my bank to get the form, and I think I have all of the information I need. Still, I am going to write to the Japanese vendor to ask if I have the correct info.

I was wondering, however, if anybody else has done business this "old fashioned way" -- is there anything to watch out for, etc?

Thanks!

Jul 26th, '12, 17:26

Re: Ordering internationally: bank money transfers

by JBaymore » Jul 26th, '12, 17:26

Drax,

Watch the fee for that kind of transfer. If you are not spending a LOT of money all at once, the fees they change for these can amount to a big "hit".

best,

...................john

Jul 26th, '12, 20:11
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » Jul 26th, '12, 20:11

John, thanks for the word of caution. I sort of saw some of those fees when dealing with a third-party intermediate for an auction-house. I'll be curious to see how that plays out, now that I'm going "direct"...!

Aug 1st, '12, 15:35

by iovetea » Aug 1st, '12, 15:35

Drax wrote:I have been wanted to order a couple of items from a Japanese website -- they say that they do ship internationally, but their only payment method listed is via bank (or postal service).

I have not done an international bank transfer before, but I did go to my bank to get the form, and I think I have all of the information I need. Still, I am going to write to the Japanese vendor to ask if I have the correct info.

I was wondering, however, if anybody else has done business this "old fashioned way" -- is there anything to watch out for, etc?

Thanks!
I would stick to paypal, if they cheat you what can you do??

Aug 1st, '12, 16:05

by iovetea » Aug 1st, '12, 16:05

so cute the dog really reminds me of a japanese i admire. really nicely drawn, even the green neckband

+ Post Reply