Sencha 7132

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Nov 3rd, '11, 10:19
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Sencha 7132

by Stentor » Nov 3rd, '11, 10:19

Chip wrote: Interestingly (to me anyway :) ) I had gotten some from 2010 harvest this past Spring. Til I opened it in June or so (?), the cherry had virtually completely faded.
Interesting, I had saved one bag from last year's harvest, keeping it sealed in the fridge for almost a year (I'm guessing... I bought it when it first became available from O-Cha.com) and when I opened it two weeks ago it was just as good as I remembered. I was really surprised that it had not noticeably lost any flavor.

The sad part is that it was the only bag I had left. :( I should have stocked up on the stuff. It's a really different sencha that is a nice change of pace every once in a while.
I sure wouldn't mind if O-Cha could source this good an organic 7132 from a different grower from a different region.

Flonihoncha, very interesting information. Thank you for that!

Nov 3rd, '11, 14:29

by sherubtse » Nov 3rd, '11, 14:29

Stentor wrote:Interesting, I had saved one bag from last year's harvest, keeping it sealed in the fridge for almost a year (I'm guessing... I bought it when it first became available from O-Cha.com) and when I opened it two weeks ago it was just as good as I remembered. I was really surprised that it had not noticeably lost any flavor.

The sad part is that it was the only bag I had left. :( I should have stocked up on the stuff. It's a really different sencha that is a nice change of pace every once in a while.
I sure wouldn't mind if O-Cha could source this good an organic 7132 from a different grower from a different region.

Flonihoncha, very interesting information. Thank you for that!
I'm not surpsied that it maintained it quality. O-Cha's teas are of excellent quality and still taste great after more than a year of storage. (I have had some great tasting ones 18 months after they were produced.)

Drop Kevin a line if you would like to have this sencha back on the O-Cha roster. Maybe he can re-acquire it.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Nov 3rd, '11, 14:51

by AdamMY » Nov 3rd, '11, 14:51

sherubtse wrote:
I'm not surpsied that it maintained it quality. O-Cha's teas are of excellent quality and still taste great after more than a year of storage. (I have had some great tasting ones 18 months after they were produced.)

Drop Kevin a line if you would like to have this sencha back on the O-Cha roster. Maybe he can re-acquire it.

Best wishes,
sherubtse
I doubt we will see it this year, I believe it was a Shizuoka Tea, but I do think he did plan on acquiring it again because it was a bit of a hit last year.

Aug 3rd, '12, 14:36

by Peacock » Aug 3rd, '12, 14:36

I am reviving this topic to hear thoughts about this organic sencha since it is once again offered by O-Cha (a few months now). From what I understand this a fuka now instead of a asa. Now, how long has it been since this tea was available? 1 year? 1 1/2 years?

I plan to be ordering some soon. :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply