Hello Everyone

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Aug 23rd, '12, 14:08

Hello Everyone

by tinols » Aug 23rd, '12, 14:08

Thanks to Chip for activating my account after a few days of waiting!

I'm new to the forum and new to teas. I've been a coffee(pourover and espresso) addict for a long time now but I'm sad to say that I'm done with coffee. Coffee messed me up pretty bad I had to stop drinking it per my doctor's order. Gave me everyday headaches, elevated stress, etc. And I'm just a college student.

Anyways, I'm just getting into tea. I have a pack of black dragon pearls and irish breakfast from adagio and some chamomile(stress reliever etc.). I enjoy the black dragon pearls a lot actually. But I really want to try Oolong and Pu erh. I already ordered a bunch of Pu erh samples from Bana tea and EOT(excited for the 2011 Bu lang :)). And I'm in the process of looking for Oolong samples right now. I plan on starting the high mountain low oxidized ones, but I don't know where to purchase them. Also, I bought a gaiwan the other day and it should be here in a few days.

Looking forward to my stay here!

Aug 23rd, '12, 21:46

Re: Hello Everyone

by MIKE_B » Aug 23rd, '12, 21:46

Welcome.
Looks like you're jumping in head first. Awesome! Have fun.

Aug 24th, '12, 02:12

by tinols » Aug 24th, '12, 02:12

Thanks for the welcome!

I usually do jump in head first. I think it's fun that way. There's some risks involved(like not liking tea you bought for x dollars etc.) but it's quite an adventure from my past experiences from other hobbies. My other hobby is reefkeeping.
Some pictures:

Aug 24th, '12, 02:41
Location: Lat: N 59º 37' 3.79" Long: E 17º 49' 35.49" or thereabouts

by sriracha » Aug 24th, '12, 02:41

Welcome!

Feel free to show or link to more pics of your reef =)

Am thinking of someday getting a new aquarium. I kept tropical fish for a long time as a kid(though I became more and more interested in the plants as I got older) but have never had a saltwater tank.

Aug 24th, '12, 09:25

by AaronF » Aug 24th, '12, 09:25

Neat! I'm a fishkeeper, myself. I have 5 tanks, all freshwater. I keep some unusual fish, mostly freshwater gobies. I'm looking forward to trying SW at some point, but not anytime soon.

I just ordered a number of teas, mostly oolongs from floatingleavestea.com, and I'm very excited to try them out. I got the baozhong sampler and the high mountain sampler, among others. Anyway, that's a place to check out to look for those oolongs!

I just picked up that Bana sampler (I went with their general one first, though the vintage was tempting!). We can compare notes.

Aug 24th, '12, 12:29

by tinols » Aug 24th, '12, 12:29

AaronF wrote:I just picked up that Bana sampler (I went with their general one first, though the vintage was tempting!). We can compare notes.
lol, even after 2 yrs of drinking fresh roasted coffee from different areas of the world, my description of what it tastes like is terrible. It will probably translate to tea as well.

I tried the 2008 purple tip(2 infusions so far). It's ok (lol). I have to go to a chiropractor and will probably do 8 more infusions of it later on.

Aug 30th, '12, 12:24
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 30th, '12, 12:24

tinols wrote:Thanks to Chip for activating my account after a few days of waiting!
I'm new to the forum and new to teas.
Looking forward to my stay here!
Hi tinols and sorry for the brief delay in your account activation.:| There have been lots of 'suspect' registrations lately and it has been taking more time than usual.

Anyway, you are here and we are glad to have you! Enjoy your TeaJourney with us. :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply