the cha qi of aged tea

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Sep 9th, '12, 17:07

the cha qi of aged tea

by gasninja » Sep 9th, '12, 17:07

I just finished drinking a 50's lui bao the pu tian qing gong to be specific. and the qi knocked my socks off. I have experienced this only with tea at forty years old and older. I am curious as to when this change comes about, or where these tea's powerhouses all along and they just dont make em like they used to. i kinda find that hard to believe. If the tea was this potent its whole life there's no way they would have not been consumed in fifty years.Then what brings about this drastic change in the tea's energy.

Sep 9th, '12, 21:59
Vendor Member

Re: the cha qi of aged tea

by TwoDog2 » Sep 9th, '12, 21:59

This is a million dollar question

Sep 10th, '12, 14:06

Re: the cha qi of aged tea

by teaisme » Sep 10th, '12, 14:06

Someone once told me teas like the one you mentioned start out gentle,very smooth yet strong,earthy, very rounded

the change is not drastic and sudden, but gradual over a much longer time, akin to the practice of internal martial arts, the end result after long slow cultivation is much more noticeable then those that started out very strong and developed hard and fast.

So then..... perhaps the microbes being grown and cultivated in the 'beginning' had a very strong yin and was of a pure hardworking nature :lol:

I don't know what to believe :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply