Show off your Pu!!!!!!!


One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby MarshalN » Sep 4th, '12, 00:01

Hmmm, a pretty questionable 7542, to say the least. The leaves don't look right, and the edge of the cake - is it rounded? Is it messy? Is it a straight edge?

The tea also does look too young for it to be credibly late 90s, but the colours of your pictures are off, I think.

Besides, the resolution is too low (ahem Chip ahem) so I can't see clearly.
User avatar
MarshalN
 
Posts: 2041
Joined: Mar 15th, '

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby TIM » Sep 4th, '12, 00:16

As long as you didn't paid the market price of a 97 7542, and it tasted to your liking then it's fine. The font on the wrapper does not match btw.
User avatar
TIM
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 4th, '0
Location: NYC

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby DVS » Sep 4th, '12, 00:21

Hi Shah82, Yes I got the 97 green cake. When I talked with Mr.Fung he told me that this was a 1997 7542.

MarshalN, the edge of the cake is rounded.
User avatar
DVS
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Aug 28th, '
Location: Wilkes Barre, PA

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby gasninja » Sep 5th, '12, 07:40

Did you buy in person at there shop or online:?
I'm only asking because the wrapper for the 97 yellow label looks more genuine and it is about 130 dollars cheaper. was there a reason you went with the green cake?
User avatar
gasninja
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Mar 10th, '
Location: Mount Zion

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby DVS » Sep 5th, '12, 12:25

gasninja wrote:Did you buy in person at there shop or online:?
I'm only asking because the wrapper for the 97 yellow label looks more genuine and it is about 130 dollars cheaper. was there a reason you went with the green cake?


Hi gasninja,

I bought the cake online after talking with Mr. Fung over the phone a couple of times. I was looking for a late 90s 7542. He told me the only 7542s, he has are the 88 and the 97 green cake.  The 88 is way to expensive for me! :) So I went with the 97. 

As for the 97 Yellow label he said they are sold out.

I talked with Mr. Fung yesterday. He was super nice and everything has been worked out.   
User avatar
DVS
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Aug 28th, '
Location: Wilkes Barre, PA

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby shah82 » Sep 5th, '12, 13:19

We never though a tea at BTH would be fake. I personally thought there would be something interesting to say about it when the smoke clears, so if I may ask, how did Mr. Fung clear things up?
shah82
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: May 9th, '0

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby TIM » Sep 5th, '12, 15:09

shah82 wrote:We never though a tea at BTH would be fake. I personally thought there would be something interesting to say about it when the smoke clears, so if I may ask, how did Mr. Fung clear things up?


With a cigarette in his mouth :lol:
User avatar
TIM
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 2042
Joined: Apr 4th, '0
Location: NYC

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby Lerxst2112 » Sep 5th, '12, 16:42

2009 "Zi Yun" ripe pu-erh. Foresty sweet chocolatey goodness with energy through the roof.

Image

Image
User avatar
Lerxst2112
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Dec 19th, '
Location: NC, USA

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby shah82 » Sep 5th, '12, 18:12

I have a few cakes of those, and yes, they are good. Second best Dayi shu I have, or ever have had.
shah82
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: May 9th, '0

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby TwoDog2 » Sep 5th, '12, 23:45

shah82 wrote:I have a few cakes of those, and yes, they are good. Second best Dayi shu I have, or ever have had.



What's the first? The 07 'An Xiang'?
User avatar
TwoDog2
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Mar 19th, '
Location: Frequently Moving Around

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby shah82 » Sep 6th, '12, 00:31

Yes. The An Xiang is ridiculously good for a factory shu, in my book. Complex aroma, complex tastes, aftertastes, has real qi, and lasts 20 brews.

http://puerh.blogspot.com/2011/12/2007- ... rtesy.html

I definitely would like to try some of the other special Dayi cakes, like the '07 Jade Luster, '07 Dragon Pole, 69th and 70th factory anniversery cakes, and the shu of those Republican revolution big cakes.
shah82
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: May 9th, '0

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby shah82 » Sep 9th, '12, 00:25

Should be added, the price of this Ziyun at Mandala Teas is lower than the some prices in China.
shah82
 
Posts: 1018
Joined: May 9th, '0

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby Saayuq » Sep 11th, '12, 02:11

I'm having trouble finding the Zi Yun or the An Xiang for sale anywhere. Any help with links?
Saayuq
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 9th, '1
Location: Bethel, Alaska

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby MarshalN » Sep 11th, '12, 02:25

If you don't mind the Taobao gambit

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1332 ... _235063054

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1354 ... 2_31378460

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1886 ... 1460512071

Among others

I can't tell you if they're real or fake, at least the pics look real enough.

Ziyun is at least 30% more expensive per gram, so I'd imagine Anxiang is a better deal.
User avatar
MarshalN
 
Posts: 2041
Joined: Mar 15th, '

Re: Show off your Pu!!!!!!!

Postby Bryan_drinks_te... » Sep 11th, '12, 09:20

MarshalN wrote:If you don't mind the Taobao gambit

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1332 ... _235063054

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1354 ... 2_31378460

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1886 ... 1460512071

Among others

I can't tell you if they're real or fake, at least the pics look real enough.

Ziyun is at least 30% more expensive per gram, so I'd imagine Anxiang is a better deal.



Ah, Shu. I might look into this cake- I know I saw it back in the day, but not lately...
User avatar
Bryan_drinks_te...
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Oct 7th, '0
Location: South Carolina

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation