Sep 20th, '12, 07:19
Scrolling: scrolling

Soaking your feet in tea

by Drax » Sep 20th, '12, 07:19

I was reading one of those health article-slideshow thingies on Yahoo and came across this interesting item for "fixing" smelly feet:

Fix it: You can rub an antiperspirant on the bottom of your feet and between toes. It's also a good idea to dab your feet with an antifungal powder, which will help keep your tootsies dry. At night, dunk feet in a bacteria-killing bath of 1 part vinegar and 2 parts water. You could also try a black tea soak for about 30 minutes. The tannins kill bacteria and close up pores, which keep your feet dryer, longer. You'll see results in a few days to a week.
I was curious about the part that I bolded, because I thought that it was an interesting idea... but it also seemed to me that you'd end up with dark/stained feet in the process...??

Sep 21st, '12, 17:35

Re: Soaking your feet in tea

by RoseWood » Sep 21st, '12, 17:35

edit
Last edited by RoseWood on Sep 24th, '12, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

Sep 21st, '12, 22:35

by beecrofter » Sep 21st, '12, 22:35

In the morning sprinkle powdered cinnamon into your socks, in addition to other benefits your feet and shoes will begin to stink less, and the organisms causing the stinkfoot will begin to decline. Best thing going for controlling the kind of jungle rot that goes around on submarines.

Soaking your feet in tea is going to make it taste really bad.

Sep 22nd, '12, 09:46

by RoseWood » Sep 22nd, '12, 09:46

Edit
Last edited by RoseWood on Sep 24th, '12, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

Sep 22nd, '12, 17:38

by Poohblah » Sep 22nd, '12, 17:38

Easiest way to get rid of smelly feet by far is to not wear shoes or socks. Flip flops are an ok alternative. Shoes and socks trap moisture and heat, which retain odors and bacteria and cause your feet to sweat.

As for soaking them in tea... maybe try it with that cheap grocery store stuff first ;)

+ Post Reply