Green tea toothpaste

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Green tea toothpaste

Postby go green » Dec 28th, '07, 13:43

OK...so yesterday I bought some Crest mint with green tea extract toothpaste. I really don't like the taste...kinda reminds me of shampoo. Anyway, here's my question...tea stains teeth, yet this toothpaste is "whitening". What gives??
go green

Postby divintea » Dec 28th, '07, 13:52

This is crazy! Must be all the antioxidants they want? Sure, black tea is worse, but this is just too much. Green tea, settle down!
divintea

Postby Wesli » Dec 28th, '07, 13:56

It's whitening because of all the other junk they throw in that tube. Green tea does have fluoride, and it freshens breath.
Wesli

Postby Chip » Dec 28th, '07, 14:49

This is all marketing hype, a gimmick to get on board the green tea craze. I ain't buyin' it.

I don't really purposely buy anything with green tea extract.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby ABx » Dec 28th, '07, 15:05

I think the idea is that green tea will kill the bad bacteria in your mouth that causes cavities.

Not a bad idea, but I agree that the green tea craze goes a bit far. From what I understand, the flouride in tea isn't a whole lot more than the amount that's in your flouridated municipal water. I don't know how the extract compares to a cup of green tea in any of these factors, though. It could be just as good, or it may lose some of these properties.

I wouldn't expect the extract to stain your teeth, but I'm not exactly sure what's responsible for the stains, really.
ABx

Postby go green » Dec 28th, '07, 18:17

Yea...just thought I'd try it...won't be buying it again...I may not even finish the tube...the taste is just weird!
go green

Postby spring_teas » Dec 29th, '07, 01:17

Fukamushi Dynasty wrote:It's whitening because of all the other junk they throw in that tube. Green tea does have fluoride, and it freshens breath.

I agree with Fuka on this. Green Tea is not going to whiten your teeth. However, it would help to fight cavity thanks to the rich fluriode in Green Tea.
spring_teas

Postby go green » Dec 29th, '07, 09:39

I knew the green tea wouldn't whiten my teeth...I just thought it was an oxymoron (sp?) that they had a whitening toothpaste with "tea" in it.
go green

Postby bambooforest » Dec 29th, '07, 18:19

All I gotta say, Go Green, is....

Go Green, or GO HOME!
bambooforest

Postby Ian » Dec 31st, '07, 02:51

I can't believe it....teapaste. What a marvelous new way to feel ripped off.
Ian

Instant Messenger

Permissions