Hello from Northern Massachusetts

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Hello from Northern Massachusetts

Postby ehbenoit » Sep 25th, '12, 21:16

Hello,

I had intended to join this forum for ages, but think I was a little nervous about it. Silly, I suppose, considering I keep a blog.

I trained under a CIA graduate for baking, before rolling into cacao and pretty much anything in the culinary arts.

Tea wise, I first became obsessed with things like chai, milk tea, butter tea. I then discovered oolong teas via samples provided to me while romancing the notion of attending school at the French Culinary Institute, though it took a really lovely Tie Guan Yin I purchased on my own to seal the deal.

Later in 2008, one of the artists I handle promotion for in the States sent me a cake of puerh that he and his partner Zhang Jian had pressed in the shape of their Buddha Machine. I still have it, untouched. :) This sent me looking for puerh, though it was not easy, and I ended up drinking a lot of bad tea. Ha!

Anyway, I have since found my way forward in a good way with the assistance of good producers offering great to exceptional puerh tea.

I have recently started coming back to oolong, and am finally digging into Dancong teas.

I have a preference to raw puerh young and aged, followed by Wuyi yancha, Taiwanese High Mountain, and now a budding Dancong obsession. I am looking for any guiding hand suggestions on that last one. :)

I look forward to much discussion here on the site.

Eric
ehbenoit

Re: Hello from Northern Massachusetts

Postby debunix » Sep 25th, '12, 21:22

ehbenoit wrote:a budding Dancong obsession

Welcome to TeaChat.

No need to be intimidated by teaChat, the natives are friendly, really! And for the Dancong obsession, to let it really blossom: TeaHabitat.
debunix

Postby ehbenoit » Sep 25th, '12, 21:38

Thanks for the welcome.

I have been living on her site the past week. I am just deciding which purchase to start with... ;) too many wonderful choices.
ehbenoit

Postby debunix » Sep 25th, '12, 21:53

After my first tasting in her store, when I asked her to suggest some introductory DCs, she suggested a 'commercial special grade' Honey Orchid, and Ba Xian. Both were good choices for my first intro to Dan Cong.
debunix

Postby Chip » Oct 1st, '12, 12:05

Please pardon my tardy welcome to our forum. I hope to see you around TeaChat!
Chip
Mod/Admin

Instant Messenger

Permissions