Green tea toothpaste

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Green tea toothpaste

Postby go green » Dec 28th, '07, 12:43

OK...so yesterday I bought some Crest mint with green tea extract toothpaste. I really don't like the taste...kinda reminds me of shampoo. Anyway, here's my question...tea stains teeth, yet this toothpaste is "whitening". What gives??

User avatar go green

Postby divintea » Dec 28th, '07, 12:52

This is crazy! Must be all the antioxidants they want? Sure, black tea is worse, but this is just too much. Green tea, settle down!

divintea

Postby Wesli » Dec 28th, '07, 12:56

It's whitening because of all the other junk they throw in that tube. Green tea does have fluoride, and it freshens breath.

User avatar Wesli
Contact Wesli:

Postby Chip » Dec 28th, '07, 13:49

This is all marketing hype, a gimmick to get on board the green tea craze. I ain't buyin' it.

I don't really purposely buy anything with green tea extract.

User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Scrolling: scrolling

Postby ABx » Dec 28th, '07, 14:05

I think the idea is that green tea will kill the bad bacteria in your mouth that causes cavities.

Not a bad idea, but I agree that the green tea craze goes a bit far. From what I understand, the flouride in tea isn't a whole lot more than the amount that's in your flouridated municipal water. I don't know how the extract compares to a cup of green tea in any of these factors, though. It could be just as good, or it may lose some of these properties.

I wouldn't expect the extract to stain your teeth, but I'm not exactly sure what's responsible for the stains, really.

User avatar ABx
Scrolling: scrolling
Contact ABx:

Postby go green » Dec 28th, '07, 17:17

Yea...just thought I'd try it...won't be buying it again...I may not even finish the tube...the taste is just weird!

User avatar go green

Postby spring_teas » Dec 29th, '07, 00:17

Fukamushi Dynasty wrote:It's whitening because of all the other junk they throw in that tube. Green tea does have fluoride, and it freshens breath.

I agree with Fuka on this. Green Tea is not going to whiten your teeth. However, it would help to fight cavity thanks to the rich fluriode in Green Tea.

User avatar spring_teas
Contact spring_teas:

Postby go green » Dec 29th, '07, 08:39

I knew the green tea wouldn't whiten my teeth...I just thought it was an oxymoron (sp?) that they had a whitening toothpaste with "tea" in it.

User avatar go green

Postby bambooforest » Dec 29th, '07, 17:19

All I gotta say, Go Green, is....

Go Green, or GO HOME!

User avatar bambooforest

Postby Ian » Dec 31st, '07, 01:51

I can't believe it....teapaste. What a marvelous new way to feel ripped off.

User avatar Ian

Today's Poll

Community

In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 1 hidden and 1 guest