Jan 18th, '12, 20:22

Re: NEW! TA SO 4 Bill Perrine's Split Fire Pottery

by T-session » Jan 18th, '12, 20:22

debunix wrote:One question about my new yunomi: is it microwave safe? I think it would make a brilliant cup for hot chocolate as well as for tea, if it is....
I use all my pottery all the time in the microwave. Never a problem. I just don't go from cold (fridge) to hot.
Cheers,
Bill

Jan 18th, '12, 20:38

by debunix » Jan 18th, '12, 20:38

Excellent. It is the perfect size for chocolate as well as for tea, and being a dual-use cup will keep it out and in my hands more often. It's such a tactile experience with the scallops that keeping it in my hands more is definitely the way to go.

Jan 19th, '12, 01:19

by Cole » Jan 19th, '12, 01:19

Had to take a quick shot of tonight's Baozhong -- this ippuku-wan is so perfect for unwinding after a long day.
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (40.58 KiB) Viewed 6870 times
Thanks again, Bill! :D

Jan 19th, '12, 11:25
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 19th, '12, 11:25

Sweet pieces! Thanks for posting photos!

Jan 20th, '12, 23:13

by debunix » Jan 20th, '12, 23:13

Just posting again to say how lovely it is to be drinking a beautiful tea (An Ji "White" tea from Wing Hop Fung) from my Scallop Yunomi. While I was a bit worried about the quite large size of the cup when I was reading the dimensions in the SO annoucements, I appreciate now that it could not be any smaller and still carry the scallop imprint so beautifully on every side. I wonder how the scallop was applied to the piece while appreciating the soft and subtle variations of color along the sides, and as I take a sniff to appreciate the fragrance, I enjoy the delicate glow of the interior shino glaze. Then I take it in my hand--my hand it fits so very nicely--and sip again.

Very very nice.

And it also rose to the challenge of a hot chocolate session this morning--a very versatile cup indeed.

Jan 21st, '12, 09:37

by T-session » Jan 21st, '12, 09:37

debunix wrote:Just posting again to say how lovely it is to be drinking a beautiful tea (An Ji "White" tea from Wing Hop Fung) from my Scallop Yunomi. While I was a bit worried about the quite large size of the cup when I was reading the dimensions in the SO annoucements, I appreciate now that it could not be any smaller and still carry the scallop imprint so beautifully on every side. I wonder how the scallop was applied to the piece while appreciating the soft and subtle variations of color along the sides, and as I take a sniff to appreciate the fragrance, I enjoy the delicate glow of the interior shino glaze. Then I take it in my hand--my hand it fits so very nicely--and sip again.

Very very nice.

And it also rose to the challenge of a hot chocolate session this morning--a very versatile cup indeed.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm so glad you like it so much!!! I pressed the smallest scallop shells I had into the side of the soft clay while supporting it from the inside so it wouldn't collapse or stretch/rip the soft clay. You may have noticed the walls are kind of thin.
I also remember ITP telling me about the size of an opening that was big enough to have his nose "fit in" so he could savor the aroma of the tea as he drank from it. So I made these a size to allow for that. I'm learning all the time what you guys like.
Cheers,
Bill

Jan 22nd, '12, 19:20

by debunix » Jan 22nd, '12, 19:20

More pictures to show why I like the scallop yunomi so much:

the subtle interior luster

the way light plays over the scallop patterns

bits of green amidst the beiges and buttery caramel

Jan 22nd, '12, 21:57

by T-session » Jan 22nd, '12, 21:57

Thank you for the really nice pictures debunix!!! I like the color and texture of the bamboo? mat with it. Thanks for posting!!

Sep 28th, '12, 01:53

by Cole » Sep 28th, '12, 01:53

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I've really been enjoying my ippuku-wan lately and had to say "thanks!" again for letting a tea newbie like myself enjoy such a beautiful little chawan. I'm currently drinking some delightfully sweet Si Ji Chun oolong in it at the moment, but I had to take a snapshot of the gyokuro I finished off in it earlier this afternoon:
bp1.jpg
bp1.jpg (68.99 KiB) Viewed 6535 times
Love how the white bits of shino (I think?) have started to show a little more with use, and can't help but get lost in the rough, rocky "Santa Fe mountaintops" on the side of the cup every time I stop to reflect while sipping.

Thanks again, Bill!

Sep 28th, '12, 10:37

NEW! TA SO 4 Bill Perrine's Split Fire Pottery

by debunix » Sep 28th, '12, 10:37

No need to apologize for a pleasant & on topic bump like that.

Sep 28th, '12, 11:15

by Cole » Sep 28th, '12, 11:15

Haha, thanks Debunix!

Oct 2nd, '12, 19:53

by T-session » Oct 2nd, '12, 19:53

Cole wrote:Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I've really been enjoying my ippuku-wan lately and had to say "thanks!" again for letting a tea newbie like myself enjoy such a beautiful little chawan. I'm currently drinking some delightfully sweet Si Ji Chun oolong in it at the moment, but I had to take a snapshot of the gyokuro I finished off in it earlier this afternoon:
bp1.jpg
Love how the white bits of shino (I think?) have started to show a little more with use, and can't help but get lost in the rough, rocky "Santa Fe mountaintops" on the side of the cup every time I stop to reflect while sipping.

Thanks again, Bill!

Thank you for sharing!

+ Post Reply