Mid-Autumn Festival Mooncake and Pu'erh


One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Mooncake and Pu'erh

Postby jayinhk » Sep 29th, '12, 23:24

Meat? :shock:

This year I had a piece of a traditional one and several pieces of less traditional "Snowy" ones with bird's nest and chocolate fillings, among others. Mid Autumn Festival is definitely a hugely successful commercial enterprise nowadays. When I was a kid I went out with a little paper lantern with a single candle in it. Nowadays, kids have Hello Kitty ones with LEDs that continuously loop "Mary Had a Little Lamb."
User avatar
jayinhk
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Aug 28th, '

Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Mooncake and Pu'erh

Postby MarshalN » Sep 29th, '12, 23:44

Yes, puff pastry with meat inside, aaaaahhh, pork to be exact

I remember those lanterns. It's not right with LED lights - too bright and too white. Then of course the fun part is burning the lantern with a box of candles.
User avatar
MarshalN
 
Posts: 2041
Joined: Mar 15th, '

Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Mooncake and Pu'erh

Postby jayinhk » Sep 29th, '12, 23:48

MarshalN wrote:Yes, puff pastry with meat inside, aaaaahhh, pork to be exact

I remember those lanterns. It's not right with LED lights - too bright and too white. Then of course the fun part is burning the lantern with a box of candles.


I was 4 and 5 when I carried the paper kind, so I don't think I burned them with mom. I do, however, remember people finding it humorous that I was carrying a lantern in Victoria Park.

When I was older we had our own private park for our building and it was a serious excuse for the pyros to burn and blow up stuff. There were even a few explosions. lol
User avatar
jayinhk
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Aug 28th, '

Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Mooncake and Pu'erh

Postby MarshalN » Sep 29th, '12, 23:52

jayinhk wrote:When I was older we had our own private park for our building and it was a serious excuse for the pyros to burn and blow up stuff. There were even a few explosions. lol


The best part of mid-autumn festival
User avatar
MarshalN
 
Posts: 2041
Joined: Mar 15th, '

Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Mooncake and Pu'erh

Postby jayinhk » Sep 30th, '12, 00:52

MarshalN wrote:
jayinhk wrote:When I was older we had our own private park for our building and it was a serious excuse for the pyros to burn and blow up stuff. There were even a few explosions. lol


The best part of mid-autumn festival


:lol:
User avatar
jayinhk
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Aug 28th, '

Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Mooncake and Pu'erh

Postby the_economist » Sep 30th, '12, 01:48

Lotus paste and no egg for me please!

Planning my MAF tea menu for tomorrow...
User avatar
the_economist
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sep 4th, '1

Re: Mid-Autumn Festival Mooncake and Pu'erh

Postby brandon » Oct 1st, '12, 05:31

My mid autumn menu, thanks to the brewers. By the light of the moon, er, mostly by the light of a little LED lantern.

Tsukikage Matcha Usucha, Shan Lin Xi, Tie Guan Yin, "Gongfu" Tie Guan Yin.

Sweets department delivered homemade mochi, yuzu-white bean filling.

Image

Will follow up with belated lotus mooncakes and puer later in the week.
User avatar
brandon
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sep 25th, '

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation